Forums

Help › Forums

Fantasy Premier League 2017-18

Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:47 AM (34 replies)
  • terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 12:51 PM

Russell just bear in mind that I do not have all the b****** names in front of me. Just thought you were one of the dodgy buggers under another name.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 12:55 PM

DodgyPutter:

russellfahey:
    Oh Alan was lucky lol.I will have to keep up with it this year,as i let it slide somewhat last year.

Hah! That's what they all say, and just for that I'm not going to give you a start this time:-))

Could we have details please Alan??

By the way I have complained to fantasy.premierleague.com at their refusal to increase the squad spend limit, since they seem to have increased all player costs. It was difficult enough last year, now every squad will be second rate.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 1:14 PM

terwyl1:

DodgyPutter:

russellfahey:
    Oh Alan was lucky lol.I will have to keep up with it this year,as i let it slide somewhat last year.

Hah! That's what they all say, and just for that I'm not going to give you a start this time:-))

Well you see lasy year I thought "lets give Russell 40-50pts start then.......

CheesyLolas :-)

terwyl1:
    By the way I have complained to fantasy.premierleague.com at their refusal to increase the squad spend limit, since they seem to have increased all player costs. It was difficult enough last year, now every squad will be second rate.

I quite like that in principle, although really I've not tried to put my team together.  If we have too much money everyone ends up with practically the same team this way they should vary more.  Anyway some cheap must haves will probably come through early on.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 1:49 PM

DodgyPutter:

terwyl1:

DodgyPutter:

russellfahey:

Well you see lasy year I thought "lets give Russell 40-50pts start then.......

CheesyLolas :-)

In my defence,i paid more attention to regaining my crown in the other Fantasy league(till i messed up on my captain selections) But feel free to give me 40 points this time round and lets see what happens lol.

Russell

EDIT Oh by the way my team is looking quite tasty at the moment,just waiting for a couple of additions.Before i finalise my team ;)

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 3:57 PM

DodgyPutter:
     If we have too much money everyone ends up with practically the same team this way they should vary more.  Anyway some cheap must haves will probably come through early on.
    I agree. I found it a little more difficult assembling a half decent squad but the skill in the game is knowing when to sell a player whose value has risen and generate funds to improve your team. It's a bit like poker, knowing when to hold 'em or fold 'em (There's a song in there somewhere).

I see I'm off to a cracking start, 3 weeks until it kicks off and I've already got 2 players injured with 75% chance of playing next game beside their names. Back to the drawing board.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:20 AM

Russell you mention another Fantasy League, is this a private arrangement or something others can get involved in.

Thanks

Terry

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:23 AM

Stobsbee:

DodgyPutter:
     If we have too much money everyone ends up with practically the same team this way they should vary more.  Anyway some cheap must haves will probably come through early on.
    I agree. I found it a little more difficult assembling a half decent squad but the skill in the game is knowing when to sell a player whose value has risen and generate funds to improve your team. It's a bit like poker, knowing when to hold 'em or fold 'em (There's a song in there somewhere).

I see I'm off to a cracking start, 3 weeks until it kicks off and I've already got 2 players injured with 75% chance of playing next game beside their names. Back to the drawing board.

Paul I was not looking for a massive increase, but for two years now they have escalated the transfer fees. There are plenty of players at higher prices so I do not think we would all end up with same players.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 7:52 AM

Haven't made my team yet but was wondering if you have already had draft picks?

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 7:58 AM

terwyl1:

Russell you mention another Fantasy League, is this a private arrangement or something others can get involved in.

Thanks

Terry

Unfortunately it's a private arrangement(i was invited by a mutual friend),and it's also on a different site altogether.

Russell

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 8:24 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Haven't made my team yet but was wondering if you have already had draft picks?

Hi there, sorry I do not understand the question. I recommend not picking your squad until just before the first matches as the transfer window is still open. DO NOT select the Autopick otherwise it will take you all season to get it straight. 

RSS