My average

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 18 2017 6:39 AM (22 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 7:06 AM

pdb1:

alosso:
    This is not a pun - it's perfectly "normal" and legal for mobile players.

I doubt it . If it is normal . Then this accentuates the serious discrepant correlation , amongst other opposing platform discrepancies . They are not a viable connection to real WGT play . Not even a close relative . Long way to go . December 2016 . Nothing recorded in WGT . Mobile plays mostly stroke play . Which are ranked rounds . Obviously not in mobile . This is a joke . Look at it . What a waste . IMSO . 

It may not sound like it . But I do support Mobile play and players . But figures like this do not help the connection . 

You can play all coin games on mobile and never receive an avg.  and your tier  isn't based on just levels.  As you play the coin games, wgt keeps track of your win and loss record. (Your monthly record is listed in your friends Tab, and also in your division progress) .  If your monthly win percentage, exceeds a certain percentage, you fall under the promotion process, which is hidden somewhere in the "sand bagging" ruling. It's true that your avg. will remain at 150, but all the other promotion criteria is obtained as well.  The more coin games you play, obviously the faster you tier up, providing your winning. 

Please don't accuse me of calling any coin gamer a sand bagger, the ruling for promotion just falls under that criteria, as well as you level rating. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 7:06 AM

pdb1:

alosso:
    This is not a pun - it's perfectly "normal" and legal for mobile players.

I doubt it . If it is normal . Then this accentuates the serious discrepant correlation , amongst other opposing platform discrepancies . They are not a viable connection to real WGT play . Not even a close relative . Long way to go . December 2016 . Nothing recorded in WGT . Mobile plays mostly stroke play . Which are ranked rounds . Obviously not in mobile . This is a joke . Look at it . What a waste . IMSO . 

It may not sound like it . But I do support Mobile play and players . But figures like this do not help the connection . 

You can play all coin games on mobile and never receive an avg.  and your tier  isn't based on just levels.  As you play the coin games, wgt keeps track of your win and loss record. (Your monthly record is listed in your friends Tab, and also in your division progress) .  If your monthly win percentage, exceeds a certain percentage, you fall under the promotion process, which is hidden somewhere in the "sand bagging" ruling. It's true that your avg. will remain at 150, but all the other promotion criteria is obtained as well.  The more coin games you play, obviously the faster you tier up, providing your winning. 

Please don't accuse me of calling any coin gamer a sand bagger, the ruling for promotion just falls under that criteria, as well as you level rating. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 9:50 AM

With mobile being relatively new,  as am I to wgt, many things have changed in the last 10 months.  I started, on mobile, and still play on it.  For instance, at first I couldn't play certain cc tourneys. (Ctth was one) but with many updates it is progressing. I agree with what u say, I can't play a/s games on mobile, but by the same token, pc players can't play turf wars, last I knew.(and u may or may not be interested in that aspect) There are many pros and cons to each side, I can play on phone, anywhere there is wifi, waiting in rooms for appts. etc.  and i cant play against pc players. It's all profitable for wgt, or it wouldn't be utilized. I'm sure they are working on combining the 2 platforms, as well.  Just a question of time, I'm sure

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 11:00 AM

Glen9991:
    If that doesn't qualify for an average then fine I have my answer,

They don't qualify as ranked rounds and therefore don't affect average.

• Glen9991
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 11:55 AM

Thanks Robert for the answer I was looking for. Good golfing, thanks

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:37 PM

Glenn

Looks are deceiving, with a 150 average/Master not t many want to play you. Now if you really want to see your average  go down. Rather than playing practice rounds leave it on Ranked, Tee off and I'll bet you'll see your average come down. When you finish a 9  hole round your average will drop like a lead balloon.

Siders Best

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 3:42 PM

I have no problem with playing against players with 150 averages on mobile. I just figure they play only in the 3-hole rooms. No stigma attached.

• Glen9991
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:52 AM

As I said earlier, I play the vast majority of my golf in the Beverly Hills room which is 9 hole stroke play, I rarely play the 3 hole games as they are not long enough and have probably been in practise twice. You mentioned leave it on ranked, I've not seen how to do that. Is that in settings or something? I have probably played several hundred games in the 9 hole stroke game. As you know it takes that many games to get to level 86. Maybe WGT would like to jump in and set the record straight.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 11:27 PM

Beverly Hills may be 9 holes but it's a "room", limited to mobile play. It's deemed practice as is head-to-head. On mobile, "PLAY NOW" only leads to these games. They don't count.

"Ranked" is 9 or 18 hole STROKEPLAY only.

You find these games in the menu (left) via "courses" and "tournaments", then select further options. Keep in mind that some courses and tournaments are CTTH only - no count. Also, Par3 and Par5 courses do not count, neither do
    CC custom course tournaments.

Brackets and RGs count by the above rules (no CTTH, no Par3 etc.)

Have fun!

RSS