Forums

Help › Forums

Seeking opinion on new fairway wood

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:21 PM (4 replies)
  • txfrog
    49 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 2:38 PM

My inability to reach several par 4's in 2 on Bethpage Black has me considering the merits of a new fairway wood.  My drives are between 230 - 260 depending on the wind and the starter fairway wood often can't make it to the green especially on a few holes on the back.  Would a Rapture fairway wood be a good investment?  I think the extra 15 or so yards could really make a difference but I just don't know.  The other side of me says manage your round better (layup, etc.) but if a few dollars will make a quick difference I'm willing.

Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

txfrog

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:43 PM

I like the Rapture 3wood, but I also use a 275 yard driver, you might want to go with something a little longer given your circumstances. Over all though the Rapture is a very nice club, easy to hit, 220 yards is a respectable length and comes in quite handy on a lot of the CTTH tournaments. Hope that helps, good luck. =)

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:12 AM

I have a Rapture 3 Wood and Driver.  I think the driver is rated at 245 and the fairway wood at 220.  It does help a little at Bethpage.  My drivers are usually between 235 and 260 depending upon the wind and the 3 wood has a slow swing speed and a high ball flight.  For the bucks this is probably the best buy out there.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:34 AM

THR,

You pulled an old thread. He already bought the rapture driver and 3w.

• TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:21 PM

i don't have a driver in my bag.  I bought the r9 FW with my tier money and i got much better. first drive with it went 261.  i like it but rember the meter speed is fast

RSS