Forums

Help › Forums

Manchester incident

Thu, Jun 8 2017 1:11 PM (91 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 6:00 PM

bubbsboy:
    The do Gooders would frown at my idea what to do with the scum.

Dayum.....I am not a do gooder then......

My first response to this thread was deleted....obviously one of the "political correctness brigade" thought my post was too "political" and complained.......

The PC brigade have a lot to answer for as in my eyes, they are nearly as guilty as the scum who carry out these atrocities. 

• NormCash25
    117 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 6:49 PM

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 5:10 AM

This is truly sad and in some ways seems like a way politically to shift perception and possibly try to provoke people in a Hegelien way.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 1:07 PM

I bet some fringe-left "entertainers" will hold another benefit concert and talk about combating terrorism with hopes and prayers and ooey-gooey hugs, along with emoji spam on Twitter.

Here's my take of how to combat this plague - love has a blast radius of 0.  Find a new weapon.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 3:40 AM

I got to page 4 and decided to respond because of the general tone of the replies, that is, apart from the rightful condemnation of such despicale acts as what took place in Manchester.  I'd also say, be wary of comments coming from people trying to cause division leading to racism and bigotry etc.

I copied below part of one of the more sensible replies, in my opinion.

overtheedge:
    I wasn't going to post but I felt it necessary so we can all try and learn from this - NOT TO GENERALIZE an ENTIRE COUNTRY

I struggle for words to describe these horrible deeds on innocent people, no matter where they happen.  

It's not a religions faults either.  The twisting/corrupting of any good teaching (especially religion)  to commit an attrocity on any innocent human being is in my mind, the definition of pure evil or madness or a combination of both.    Government leaders, their advisors, leaders in armies, the arms industry and sections of the media in war and 'peace time', are masters at it. They try to corrupt us all to carry out or coalesce with their evil mindset.  They've divided the world into good and evil.  Their are and will be no winners in any of these atrocities or other slaughter.

Please think of all the innocent victims, on all sides.  And please think of what you can do to help change that mindset.

Peace and neutrality.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 3:56 AM

Dubfore:
    Peace and neutrality.

I don't think anyone was saying all muslims are bad.  Their Marshall "religion" is hugely an issue though.  Only one side needed that I can see.

Pressed post before I finished:)

Ron is fortunately recovering.  South (pron. SOUF lol)London boy he shouted F U I am Millwall as they got in a pub and took them on with his bare hands..............To our American Friends Millwall are a football (soccer) team:)..I say team as assume he meant that but is also an area too and maybe meant that a bit as well...Who cares really on that detail, and great he is doing well it seems.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 4:04 AM

I do remember George W. Bush using the phrase " ...for God and peace..." in one of his memorable phrases of propaganda before the Iraq invasion.

Do you get my point now Jimbog?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 4:16 AM

Dubfore:

I do remember George W. Bush using the phrase " ...for God and peace..." in one his memorable phrases of propaganda before the Iraq invasion.

Do you get my point now Jimbog?

Yeah but with this mob I disagree with you.

EDIT: I exclude any commentary on the Iraq invasion for the record, just sticking with the stone age nuts who have always been there since their first teaching on how to be a paedophile..EDIT 2.  Their penchant for that does not even make the world news these days.  Very sad how PC has sunk the bar so low.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 10:14 AM

Is someone actually comparing a liberation of a people against a despotic leader to the intentional targeting of civilians, mostly children, with a sucker-punch bomb?

There's a reason why I'm generally apathetic to attacks over in Europe.  I keep getting reminded as to why.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 10:39 AM

No apathy here.

NATO = If one is attacked, all are attacked.  Hopefully the current regime here won't last long enough to further damage the alliance.

RSS