Forums

Help › Forums

Club Sets: TM R15 (90+) or MAX Meter (95+)?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 30 2017 2:03 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 9:51 AM

Bowl64:

A couple of things that might be worth knowing. Quite low trajectory on the MAX irons, the wedges also. The wedges and driver are in my bag and i had free rental of the irons just a while ago. 3.0 meter on the TM`s, too quick for me but otherwise great clubs.

Bjorn

Thanks! I missed the last free rental period, so wasn't able to experience the irons low trajectory. I'm thinking at this point I might go with a Callaway Fusion 85+ driver because of the length, forgiveness and meter speed. I want to pair it with the Callaway Steelhead XR 85+ irons.

Based on my research, Callaway clubs offer the best value, often costing fewer credits than identical TM clubs. Thoughts?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 2:03 AM

HoleItSucker:

Bowl64:

A couple of things that might be worth knowing. Quite low trajectory on the MAX irons, the wedges also. The wedges and driver are in my bag and i had free rental of the irons just a while ago. 3.0 meter on the TM`s, too quick for me but otherwise great clubs.

Bjorn

Thanks! I missed the last free rental period, so wasn't able to experience the irons low trajectory. I'm thinking at this point I might go with a Callaway Fusion 85+ driver because of the length, forgiveness and meter speed. I want to pair it with the Callaway Steelhead XR 85+ irons.

Based on my research, Callaway clubs offer the best value, often costing fewer credits than identical TM clubs. Thoughts?

I was playing with the Nike L85 Irons until I reached L90 and bought the TM R15 full set.  I had a bit more trouble with the meter speed for the driver and 3W than the Irons for some reason with those clubs..

I tried the L97  Callys during the last free rental weekend and they played the same as the Nike L(2's (formerly the L97's), except for the slower meter speed.  All the new Callys are that way, the meter speed is 0.2 slower than the Nikes.  That seems to be the only difference.

The major difference is that the higher spin rating on the TM's will stop longer iron shots better than the Nikes did,   It was even noticeable  with a WGT G13-S ball.  I didn't compare them to the L97 or L92  Nike sets, but I would think they about play the same also.

The L85 Callys are only 100 credits cheaper than the TM's.  The stopping power of the TM's will surprise you.  If you can handle the meter speed the TM's are the way to go.

Good Luck.

phred952

• PAGES
RSS