Forums

Help › Forums

new driver

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 3 2009 6:28 AM (5 replies)
  • logicus
    51 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:29 AM

I am thinking of upgrading my driver. i may turn master soon and might buy the 270 driver. is it the same speed as all the other high end drivers. and is it worth it. i also thought the rapture.
    ----------------------------------

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 9:21 AM

You might consider carrying  both...that is, the  275 yd R-9 and the Rapture....with both you have an option to use the Rapture when it seems prudent or preferable...HBthree  

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 12:38 PM

hbthree:

You might consider carrying  both...that is, the  275 yd R-9 and the Rapture....with both you have an option to use the Rapture when it seems prudent or preferable...HBthree  

You really really should consider this advice....  Our friend hbthree may be too modest to admit it, but he is leading the WGTLS ladders right now... the number one player.. and it's been said that it is because he carries these two drivers.

These ladder matches count, no one gets to quit while playing, so every match is played out to it's fullest (9 or 18 holes).... so, if the #1 player carries two drivers there must be something to it.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 1:05 PM

Snaike:

hbthree:

You really really should consider this advise....  Our friend hbthree may be too modest to admit it, but he is leading the WGTSL ladders right now... the number one player.. and it's been said that it is because he carries these two drivers.

These ladder matches count, no one gets to quit while playing, so every match is played out to it's fullest (9 or 18 holes).... so, if the #1 player carries two drivers there must be something to it.

Snaike....Being the old man I am, my tempo can be a bit erratic with the R-9 from time to time; and it was precisely because of ladder matches that I began to carry both drivers. 

When ahead in a match, it is nice to be conservative and use the Rapture almost exclusively and when behind it is nice to have the R-9 as a risk-reward option.  As I have learned to be a bit more precise with the R-9, I tend to use it on the longer par fours, with wider fairways, so as to give myself a more lofted club with which to make the approach shot.

Thanks for the kind words...but my status on the ladders is but one loss away....no one stays there very long....

HBThree

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 6:40 PM

Just curious so I get this right. You carry both drivers in your bag??  So what club do you replace the driver with???

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 6:28 AM

whitten1823:

Just curious so I get this right. You carry both drivers in your bag??  So what club do you replace the driver with???

I normally remove the hybrid club in order to carry two drivers...HBThree

RSS