Forums

Help › Forums

THANX TO THE GR8 CC's

Fri, Oct 28 2022 2:56 PM (26 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:36 AM

May I express my gratitude <snip>

OTOH, methinks that some explanation is due. Our last tackling, in one CDP thread, apparently resulted from a misunderstanding on my side. I apopogise for that.

Therefore, let me propose to settle this and declare it nuisance of yesteryear.

Peace, if you agree.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 9:13 AM

Thank you Paul for your list & including Red Dirt Golf. Also, I appreciate all your forum comments, keep up the good work. We could certainly use more posts like yours.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:31 PM

pdb1:

We have a propensity to offer our opinions to all comers . if we can remain civil in our varied opinions . Then the open forum is working correctly . i think that typically we remain professional and free of insults and degrading . If we can get through it no worse than we have . and always strive for a professional mutually satisfying difference of opinion . That is when we disagree . Then all should be good . Lol . What did I just say ? Peace man . There is plenty of room for the two of us . 

Paul 

May the SUN always be with us 

I am dead serious about how i feel about the impact these CC's have made in so many ways . There isn't a question that what you bring is a big part of it . 

I totally agree with the first part Paul.....and at times I have strayed from the remaining civil part.....

But this is our only outlet to vent, suggest and discuss this great game, but if we can do it in an objective manner, then at least everyone can absorb the data and make informed decisions.

With the second part and the CC's listed, indeed a very well thought out list and I am pleased and humbled Cosa Nostra was included.

CC's are the lifeblood of WGT for many players, and without them, many of us would have stopped playing - I certainly would have.

I am sure there are hundreds more great CC's out there and credit needs to go to their owners and directors for their hard work in making them great clubs. But that is only part of what makes a good CC great - the members make them great.

So for all members out there, support your CC by playing events, friending other members, playing with each other and conversing in the CC forum, I see no point in being a member and not participating in CC events.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:40 PM

Happy New Year from The Bushwackers Country Club !  keep it in the short grass ..

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:53 PM

"We have a propensity to offer our opinions to all comers . if we can remain civil in our varied opinions . Then the open forum is working correctly . i think that typically we remain professional and free of insults and degrading ..."

I fully agree Paul. I certainly strive to abide by the common decency you allude to...then I provide advice, or tell a joke, or make a mistake...or even post a compliment on a wall...and out they crawl.

That said, even though I've been accused of everything from being a hypocrite to a drama queen (no examples are apparently necessary)...I've never been accused of cheating. No doubt the worst thing one can be accused of in here. Which also seems to occur with no proof attached.

ct 

ps: thx for incl ABoB. 

RSS