Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Speed

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:01 PM (7 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 3:45 AM

A silly question this may be.  Now, given the club specs for meter speed, how does one determine if the meter speed is correct.  

Secondly, I have notice as the game starts the meter speed increases during the game.  Has anyone else notice this phenomena.

Third, has anyone else notice that the meter speed is slightly faster now, compared to when they first bought their clubs, or this my imagination.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 6:38 AM

Hi,

Is the meter speed correct - ???

Secondly - NO

Third - No   Imagination - Yes

Cheers Doug

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:11 AM

I disagree with your statements Doug

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:59 AM

i actually thought the meter got slower right after the last update.

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:16 AM

easy

p x 2/3 x(45-8) - driver + angle

• infilm
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:45 PM

I can't figure out what is going on here, but either the meter is faster or the sensitivity to making a perfect shot has increased. As of this morning the game is much more sensitive to non "excellent" shots. I'm not great at this but in playing last night I was able to hit fairways. I can't hardly do anything right today. WHAT HAS CHANGED???

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:24 PM

Hi Infinito,

You put a post up asking a few questions, and basically asking for people to respond.

Then when I do - you tell me you disagree ???? LOL  Whats the point ?

I simply stated my opinion, in responce to your questions -  I wasnt asking for your agreement or otherwise ????

Sorry my friend - please dont take offence at my response, none meant. I'm just having a bit of a chuckle to myself thats all. I do it all the time :-)  LOL

I think meter speed issues may arise at specific times. eg high site traffic, full screen mode, multiplayer games. I'm just not seeing any real changes in the single play ranked rounds or single play tournaments. My scores are pretty consistant and I'm just not seeing any change to be perfectly honest. I think I would know and my scores would suffer ?

Cya on the course

Cheers Doug

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:01 PM

I've notice allot of differences in meter speed during a round.  However, WGT says the speed of the meter is controlled by the computer. Hence, if this is correct then they must be using the timing aspect of the cpu to ensure consistency. The speed is controlled via parameter files uploaded during the game at the initial load.  Are these parameter files changed during the course of a round depending on your score.  This is what I've notice,  the speed of the meter changing as your round progresses if you have a good round going.

Meter speed randomness must be addressed.  Secondly,  I've also notice a dramatic jump in meter speed at the impact zone.  This is after clearing the buffer with the practice swings. I can understand minor changes at the impact zone, but not something that is quite noticeable resulting in a drastic poor shot.

The only way to improve one's game is through a consistent approach to ones' game. Minor fluctuations in meter speed is expected but not drastic changes.  The challenge is skill in shot making, not having to address hiccups in a round that can ruin the potential of good round.  If the player makes the mistake it is one thing.  Having to address inconsistencies in other areas can make it quite unrewarding.

RSS