Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:48 PM (24 replies)
  • tubbs1one
    12 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:59 AM

Ok, can someone answer me what sandbagging means?

I got kicked out of a CC because of that!

Heres is what CC owner writes on his homepage!

"On 03/29/2011
    xxxxxxx & tubbs1one were booted out of club for sandbagging

Regards

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:18 PM

Sandbagging is when you keep your average high so to prey on unsuspecting types. Your stats don't indicate this at all. Some people just can't fathom someone like yourself getting to the point you are in just 3 weeks and automatically think you're trying to manipulate the system. It doesn't look anything like that to me. It looks like you're trying and succeeding.

Do you really want to be in a CC where the head nut is as insecure as that?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:27 PM

The funniest part is the CC owner in question is a level 81 'Tour Pro'.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:43 PM

Soulcatcher:

The funniest part is the CC owner in question is a level 81 'Tour Pro'.

rofl....with starter clubs and unlimited balls too.....i guess not.

tbe

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 6:22 AM

Maybe he got kicked out for NOT sandbagging ... :) .. just a thought.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 8:00 AM

I get called that too  sanddbagger  now n  again,  lol, i didnt know what it meant either. but ive  just got too level 85 and  im  only  on Starter  clubs,but i  must  confess!!   i  play a  hell of a  lot of  games  in a day.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 8:18 AM

I have been called a sandbagger and a cheat and a re-signer since I started playing WGT 2 months ago. It's just impossible to some people that have played this game for 2 years to comprehend that a golf game is a golf game, if you have played any, you have played them all in one way or another.. Been playing video golf games for along time, just never ran across WGT, I don't know how I didn't till now. Let it slide, ignore the ones who yak at ya, and have fun.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 8:33 AM

HDBanger:

I have been called a sandbagger and a cheat and a re-signer since I started playing WGT 2 months ago. It's just impossible to some people that have played this game for 2 years to comprehend that a golf game is a golf game, if you have played any, you have played them all in one way or another.. Been playing video golf games for along time, just never ran across WGT, I don't know how I didn't till now. Let it slide, ignore the ones who yak at ya, and have fun.

A lot of people who have been here for 2 years plus, or even 1 year for that matter, forget how different the game used to be. When I first started starter clubs and balls were all that existed. A bunch of people including myself became master with this equipment. The game has changed so much to where now in a few weeks you can have top notch equipment and it makes the game much easier. I don't give a rats *** if someone wants to be a bagger. If thats the game they want to play, then more power to them. Myself, I would get bored to death trying to keep a high average to be on shorter tees. The big boy tees are tough and you better be potty trained when you get back here cuz you will surely get some $hit on you if your not ready. 

• casperturk
    484 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 11:42 AM

jasondement:
    The game has changed so much to where now in a few weeks you can have top notch equipment and it makes the game much easier. I don't give a rats *** if someone wants to be a bagger. If thats the game they want to play, then more power to them. Myself, I would get bored to death trying to keep a high average to be on shorter tees.

Agree with that, and, i've bought some 'better kit' and next week maybe, some more.  I'm still rubbish but improving slowly.

BUT my average keeps dropping!!!!

I've read the forums how not to go too quick but this 'average' thing screws you. I'm starting to get scared now to hit a flukey good round.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 12:03 PM

casperturk:
    I've read the forums how not to go too quick but this 'average' thing screws you. I'm starting to get scared now to hit a flukey good round.

That's not anything to worry about,  casper. If you like this game and think it will be here for a while, as well as you, you will naturally get better and wind up where you belong. It would take a lot of "flukey good rounds" to make a difference simply because those good rounds only move your average by tenths. And then when you start shooting them more often you'll find yourself wanting to move up to play better opponents.

Try to get those good rounds every time out-it's way more satisfying than worrying about your average.

RSS