Forums

Help › Forums

The Community Tourney List

Fri, May 7 2010 12:53 PM (25 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 9:29 AM

There are currently 9 tourneys in progress (3 with no recent activity)

There are currently 3 tourneys with sign-ups open.

There has been 70 tourneys to date.

Up to date as of 23/11/09

The list

Click this link to add your tourney to the list.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:01 AM

Thank you for your hard work. You're doing an awesome job!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:12 AM

This list is currently being re-done on a Google spreadsheet, so it is easier to read and easier for runners of tourneys to put their info on.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 6:06 AM

It is now possible to add the details to of your own tourney on my list, as well as the winners and the number of entries.

More updates to come soon.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 7:50 AM

A medal table is currently being added to the spreadsheet to see who is the best player in community-run tourneys!

• BabyBulldog
    64 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:02 AM

How do you sign up for the tournaments?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 6:35 AM

The list is currently being updated with new tourneys and more information!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 8:50 AM

The list is up to date as of the 6th of September!

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 11:18 PM

Hey,

Can you add start/close dates to your list?

Just a thought,

Cheers

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 12:38 AM

Hi Guys,

As a general comment I am finding that there are far to many community organised events on the go at the one time. That coupled with the WGT tourneys makes it almost impossible to fit in. People organising these tournaments need to bear this in mind.

It would be nice if everyone could work together on a community calender. Plug in all the major annual community organised tournaments eg WGA Tour, Ryder Cup, NA Challenge, Australian Open  etc etc etc then have a look at when these comps can be played - allowing for breathing space between them, and the big WGT tournaments eg US Open, International Opens etc etc. Once all that lot is plugged in then we can have a look at it all and just see what it looks like on paper and how practical it is for people playing.

Then once the calender is up and running,(someone needs to be in charge of it) anyone wanting to run a community event must first check with the calender, and the organiser -  and see if its possible to fit in his tournament. If the calender is to busy then it doesnt go. If theres not much on - then ok go with it. 

I just think more control is required over the community based events, than people  just putting them up, willy nilly - and asking for people to play. Thats not going to work.

I have a life outside of WGT  that takes priority. I'll play as many tournaments as I can fit in but the reality is that one or two max per week is about it for me.

Anyway just my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers Doug

RSS