Help › Forums

Former Links Tour golfers

Tue, Mar 1 2022 6:28 AM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:07 AM

JTPaul:
    I played with HH and created JT...

Just Tours-They were the Deviations of that time with some serious good golfers. :-)

• JTPaul
    4 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:19 AM

There were some very good golfers there...

TS had some good players too...  where is TSKrust hiding these days??

• FlashTex
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:12 PM

YankeeJIM  ???? Yo dude . TS ruled. How you been?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 1:25 PM

FlashTex:

YankeeJIM  ???? Yo dude . TS ruled. How you been?

LOL. You just find this place? Wracking the brain to come up with the memories, like Krust. I lost touch with the game when Rick (DolphinFan) got killed in that accident. He was the reason I was in in the first place, being from the same city, and it wasn't the same for me after that.

Took about 10 years but I stumbled across this place and been hooked ever since,  worse than I was with Links. The only thing I really miss is having ICQ to hook up. That would totally rock with this setup.  :-)

• FlashTex
    3 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 10:37 PM

Hey Man...Cool to find you!

I was just googling tourspies.com to see if it was ever registered by someone, then thought about searching for Mario from Germany then somehow all of a sudden I see "YankeeJim"! WTF, . saw you were in WGT but I couldn't get a message to you without signing up so that's what I did. Couldn't think of any other handle to use so I figuered FlashTex would ring a bell.

I may have even signed up when it first came out but since Links Golf was gone I totally lost interest. I went through some of the training steps last night with the laptop but I guess it will be better on the desktop so I'll need to try it.

The Links Club thing was allot of fun back in the day! 

How's everything with with you? Still woodworking?

I'll practice up some and we can try to hookup for a game.

-Doug

• FlashTex
    3 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 10:37 PM

Hey Man...Cool to find you!

I was just googling tourspies.com to see if it was ever registered by someone, then thought about searching for Mario from Germany then somehow all of a sudden I see "YankeeJim"! WTF, . saw you were in WGT but I couldn't get a message to you without signing up so that's what I did. Couldn't think of any other handle to use so I figuered FlashTex would ring a bell.

I may have even signed up when it first came out but since Links Golf was gone I totally lost interest. I went through some of the training steps last night with the laptop but I guess it will be better on the desktop so I'll need to try it.

The Links Club thing was allot of fun back in the day! 

How's everything with with you? Still woodworking?

I'll practice up some and we can try to hookup for a game.

-Doug

• Thunderhawk7
    63 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:26 AM

BBZThnderhawk- Played way too Much Links Golf in my day...I believe the highest I ever made it in cases was in the 80s.....I did love playing Augusta!!!!  That game got really cool after the course designer came out!!!!  I do miss it..But have to say I love this game!!!!

• Thunderhawk7
    63 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:30 AM

Do you fellas remember the guy that was like the GURU of the game?  I want to say his last name was Wiley...I actually played a round with him in CASES.  He DESTROYED me and I was not bad!!!!  He was almost always Ranked #1 when I played....BTW, Played many a match against HH members....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:45 AM

Thunderhawk7:
    .I believe the highest I ever made it in cases was in the 80s.....I did love playing Augusta!!!! 

Heh, I was in the top 10 for a minute when it started up until the real talent showed up. Was always happy to get in the top 50 after that!

On Augusta, you are so right. It was so realistic at the time that one year I followed Tiger Woods shot for shot for 1 round. He would hit and then I would got to where his next shot was from. Was a great look at what he saw and I thought the game engine was extremely realistic-same clubs for everybody but every shot adjustable and you sure had to know what you were doing.

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:34 AM

I had every version from links 386 onward and every course. Only game in those days I would buy and not just download from somewhere.

Great game I think of it every so often especially when I play Merion and cant see the pin, links you could click something and it would fly straight back at you.

I remember a tip, you grind the edge off your mouse flat and mount a ruler or something like that, anyway, it was full of cheaters if i recall right.

Cannot recall my name though, been at least since 2009 when I got here and never went back to Links.

Thx for the memories.

RSS