Forums

Help › Forums

Former Links Tour golfers

Tue, Mar 1 2022 6:28 AM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 8:59 AM

I'm curious as to how many of you that I play against are former club members that used to play on the Links Tour back in the day (FFA,OGT, Cases Ladder, etc.)  I was TS_YankeeJim of the Tour Spies and the hours I spent hacking away in virtual competition with you guys were the best.

Is it feasible to think that maybe a subset of the WGT could be leagues/clubs, ladders, maybe a common chat room or something that would pull the golfers together the way the Links Tour did? I'm in.

In the meantime I am thankful to the WGT for giving me an avenue to wean myself off crack!  I bought (literally) into the WGT hook, line and unforgiving 8.5 driver- which does hook-and don't have time for the drugs! :-p

Nice job WGT

oh, btw-I still haven't spent anywhere near what the Links progression of versions cost me and doubt that I will as have all I need to compete.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 9:06 AM

I never played Links on-line, but I did play it's predecessor, MS Golf 3.0 on-line in the MS Gaming Zone back in the day.

I was part of a couple of different golf teams.   I was on DC and then moved over to the JT team.

• budric
    10 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 2:43 AM

hey I played links online and was in the ogt and faa. I was also a tourny host for a bit and hosted 3 hole tournies with StArDaZeR if you remember her.

That was a fun . I too was hooked on the game rooms and hanging out . it had a great feel to it.

I'm hoping to find others from there to reconnect

Budric

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 9:38 AM

Hey Yank...yes used to play on Case's all the time with Links 2003 (OM_HB3)...if you are looking for some ladder competition, take a look at:  http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/forums/main.php

HBThree

• ChesterMcGanahan
    17 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:23 PM

Long time Links player here. Fanatical about that game. I don't remember who I was in the tourneys but spent a lot of time at Links Corner. It was great playing all the user made courses!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:50 PM

My favorite Links course was 1930's Pebble Beach... before all the multi-million dollar homes lined the fairways...

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:20 PM

Hi Yank,  I played several years on Case's Ladder a long time ago (OM_Tresclub).  Spent several years playing and setting up tournies at Golfcom, then had my own site for three years, The Golf Connection.

Warren

• DeltaChiGolfer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:41 AM

I also was a "full time" player on Cases Ladder back in the day. I played Links LS 98 and 99 on M Player for the most part. It was fun on the 3 hole tourneys we had and the many teams for team competition. After seeing this post, I decided to look up to see if my old web page was still up, and lo and behold most of it is. Anyone with a few moments can check it out www.geocities.com/deltachi7.

This is an intersting site and have enjoyed playing thus far.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 3:09 PM

I too was an avid Links online player...from the original Links thru Links 2003....for the life of me i can't remember the name of the game lounge we used before the advent of mplayer, but those were some fun filled days.

and I'm happy to report that the shot reading skills i learned playing Links for all those years has brought me up to speed quickly at WGT....now if i could only stop missing 4' putts!

took me 1 day to realize i would happily pony up a few bucks to play this game...and the raptor set proved itself on day 1 with a diamond accuracy award.

i look forward to walking the fairways with some of you in the future.

well done WGT!

tc and gl 

• JTPaul
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:25 AM

I played with HH and created JT...

Good to see you still around YankeeJim.

Interested in chatting to more of the old MS Golf 3.0 and Links LS guys  ;-)

Regards

JT_Paul

RSS