Forums

Help › Forums

Frustration with 'perfect swing'

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:09 PM (20 replies)
  • cowboyns
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2008 6:41 PM

My only problem with this game is the speed at which swing meter comes back. Way to fast. The ONLY time I hit a bad shot is when I click way to early or way to late. I have added an extra gig of ram so it is not my computer. I do have a wireless mouse. Not sure if this is a problem. As for the other comments, I would think that most are due to not taking into account wind, elevation of green, ball lie, and green surface. I find the only time I hit the ball exactly where I want it to go is when I hit perfect or near perfect.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 5:02 AM

I totally agree with the putting - it's really frustrating when you hit a perfect putt and it shoots off to the left or right.

• Bugmaster
    25 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2008 11:44 PM

So +2 hacker.. -2 fair player

Yup, the perfect shot is deviated to kill hackers, (stupid ones) Unfortunately for us, we are the ones that suffer.... hackers will learn and deviate their shots just off center.. we have no cure for us true players cept not to pay to play.

Sorry to say,

• DivetDuffer
    6 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2008 8:38 AM

ack

perfect shots should keep there line, no matter if beginner clubs or not

Watch pros hit lower clubs, they still get a fairly straight shot with a perfect hit,

If anything they'd lose distance, not accuracy

We shouldnt have to mishit shots with any kind of clubs to get straighter lines, thats just absurd.

• markb91731
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 9:34 AM

Hitting out of the rough is pot luck. You go down to an iron like you normally would , hit a perfect shot and it goes 30 yards very annoying.         They need to improve the way the game deals with hitting out of the rough to me it cheats my score

• woodard
    7 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2009 11:49 AM

WHEN I HIT MY DRIVER PERFECT IT WILL GO AT LEAST 10 YDS.RIGHT OR LEFT,I NEVER KNOW WHICH WAY IT WILL GO.THIS GETS VERY FRUSTRATING.I TRY NOT TO HIT IT PERFECT,JUST A LITTLE OFF CENTER GOES MUCH STRAIGHTER THAN PERFECT.THANKS

• woodard
    7 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2009 11:51 AM

IT SAYS THE RESOURCE YOU REQUESTED DO NOT EXIST

• JamesWhelan
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2009 4:44 PM

WGT

I love the game.  I really do.  But, the changes you have obviously made recently to improve realism have gone the other way with game play.  The "randomizer"

has taken over the game.  I feel like I am living War Games.  The computers are in control.  Dial it back to what ever you had working a few months ago.

• TAllen
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:05 AM

I agree with you on the perfect swing deal. I have played most of the golf games that are out. For the last several years and they all have the same problems the swing meters usually all wind up messing up a good game and if you don't hit the ball just perfect everytime you get frustrated and stop the game.Like when you hit down on the ball to get back spin and the ball just continues forward because of the swing meter. They have made the game to touchy to even have fun playing the game . Unless you do nothing but sit on the computer all day and play you will not get any better . This game has a rating of 2 out of ten. Mario golf or Hot shots golf four gets an 8 out of ten compared to this game. Ya the graphics are way cool, but thats about it. you have a small choice of clubs and no choice of balls when you start and there is not much chance of improvement with the swing meter throwing off a good game. I made the mistake to purchase credits to buy clubs and such thinking of getting into tournaments, Well I dont see that happening . I will just write off the money as poorly spent on a bad invesment. there are many things in this game that make it frustrating to play, maybe when I have nothing to do all day but sit here on computer and try to get timing of the swing meter The game might make a rating of 3 out of ten.

• BeachGolf
    119 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:46 AM

Try it with the changes today.  I think most of the problems that we have all been complaining about have been fixed.  Great job on the fixes!  The game is playable now!

RSS