Help › Forums

Frustration with 'perfect swing'

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:09 PM (20 replies)
  • kirkwagner
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2008 3:42 PM

Maybe this is just me?

It seems getting a perfect swing always adds distance. That's great on a drive off the tee to the fairway.

However, during an approach shot, or on a par 3, getting that 'perfect swing' ruins the shot. Going long isn't ideal. And clicking into a perfect swing, at least for me, isn't so sure a thing that I adjust my aim with a perfect swing in mind.

My suggestion: Have getting a perfect swing add distance when you are using a full swing only. But if you are using a partial swing, have it improve the accuracy of the shot instead. After all, in that case, 'perfect' isn't necessarily 'longer.'

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2008 5:05 PM

To add to this, it seems that the perfect swing DOES add distance, but at the same time, it seems that a perfect swing also has more than the "normal" amount of randomness as to the directionality of the shot. I almost feel like I'd rather NOT have a perfect swing just because the accuracy seems greater when just off center.

I have no problem with the power/distance decreasing the further from perfect a shot is, but whatever randomness is added to shots should be minimal with a perfect shot. If this is the case currently, I don't see it. The impression I get is that more perfect shots go off course as opposed to non-perfect shots.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2008 2:59 PM

A perfect swing does not guarantee a perfect shot, especially since you are using beginner clubs, which sacrifice precision for forgiveness. Here is more on the discussion: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/412/1579.aspx

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2008 11:50 PM

Maybe it's just my opinion, but forgiveness to me is less variance left/right for non-perfect vs. perfect shots. With better clubs there can be more variance since they are more powerful, add more spin, etc.

• Costain
    28 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 12:48 PM

Better clubs are not cavity back like the beginner irons are. Cavity backs are for feel, and length which as you can notice is normally correct it's just the left or right variation which is off. As long as you get it a good length then your results should be more consistent. If you hit it too hard on putts then they tend to creep off in the wrong direction under perfect accuracy. I do understand your frustration because I have been there too, but just starting to learn what putts move where no matter what you have for accuracy will help out a lot. Hope this isn't all just mumbo jumbo pointless blabber.

• ASLBIRD
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2008 9:11 AM

I'm a novice at this game. can you give me some pointers. I can only get the ball to move about three feet.  Thanks

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2008 10:47 AM

Hi aslbird, we have an in-game tutorial that might help you. Once you get to the first tee, go to MENU on the upper left hand corner and choose TUTORIAL, which will give you the basics of gameplay. Hope this helps.

• woodard
    7 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2008 1:23 AM

is there anyting i can do to speed up the game,i think it might be my pc

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2008 9:58 AM

Hi woodard, have you tried these tips? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Fakaro
    7 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2008 3:25 PM

Alex.. the putter needs to have that margin of error removed. If I hit a perfect putt it should at least start on the line selected. Three times in the same round I hit a perfect putt only to have the initial line WAY off left or right. It's frustrating enough to make me want to quit the round and I'm certainly not going to spend money on a tournament when I can't accurately predict how such basic shots are going to react.

RSS