Forums

Help › Forums

One of those things I did not know

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:15 PM (26 replies)
  • wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 5:33 AM

I was playing an alt. shot game and a legend was my partner. He took his tee shot and put it in the water. When my  tee shot came up i was hitting from the legend tee's. Just thought I might share that so if your in an alt. shot game, you will know what to expect.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 8:09 AM

Hi,

what course/hole was it? Did you submit a bug report?

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 8:34 AM

Becasue of the rules of golf are quite complex, a quick search on the R&A website didn't prove fruitful.  However, I did find this elsewhere:

If a White Tee player drives out of bounds, the provisional shot by the other team-member must also be from the White Tee, even though that player would normally hit from Red.  Conversely, if a Red Tee player drives out of bounds, his partner, even if normally a White Tee player, will also hit from the Red.

I didn't think it was wrong having been there myself once, hope that clears up the confusion.

• nellyg
    402 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:40 AM

It was Kiawah no 4. I got metered and it went straight right into some weeds I've never seen before!!

Can I have my ball back please? I'd also like the one back on the previous game at St Andrews that went out of bounds by about 6 inches on 14??!! I'm sure no one would of minded me picking it up from the next fairway.

On a plus point we still won the hole.........

• nellyg
    402 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:41 AM

Sorry hole 5 my mistake!

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 10:18 AM

nellyg:

Sorry hole 5 my mistake!

No i did not submit a bug report for it. just thought it was part of the rules. I will next time if it comes up icon. And nice job on that hole nelly. 

Hey, wait a minute. maybe i will start grabbing hacks as a partner and if they hit it in the water i get to move up to the shorter tees, sweet lol

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 10:32 AM

wildcat18racing6:

nellyg:

Sorry hole 5 my mistake!

No i did not submit a bug report for it. just thought it was part of the rules. I will next time if it comes up icon. And nice job on that hole nelly. 

Hey, wait a minute. maybe i will start grabbing hacks as a partner and if they hit it in the water i get to move up to the shorter tees, sweet lol

It may be, I am not a rule expert just did not encounter it before.

• nellyg
    402 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:12 AM

Think it must be a rule thing. Just happened again on BPB #3 with another meter glitch. Thats a 3 pack of calloways you owe me today WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:46 AM

nellyg:
    Thats a 3 pack of calloways you owe me today WGT.

I would fire the guy at WGT that you made click your mouse.

Just sayin'

• nellyg
    402 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 12:14 PM

I was joking been here long enough to take the rough with the smooth and not ***. Thanks for the sarcasm though!

RSS