Help › Forums

Speed up MP

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 17 2009 9:46 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:54 PM

when you hit a putt to 2 feet or less... you should just be able to tap in before anyone else putts.  its ridiculous to have 3 or 4 balls sitting 2 feet around the hole switching back and forth between everyone's putts.

you should be able to see your yardage AND LIE while everyone is hitting.  that way you can start making your club selection before you actually get to your ball.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:10 PM

Hey TSK.. many many months ago, I proposed to WGT a 'tap-in' feature for putts at <1'... an 'auto-gimmie' if you will.

They turned it down saying: 

WGTAlex:
    Hi Snaike, thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, this is not something we would consider doing. We think "gimmies" tend to take some measure of realism out of the game, and given the number of higher priority items on our development list, it is not something we plan to consider.

So, what can you do?

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:42 PM

i'm suggesting you still putt it in.  but you would do it right after you missed your 15 footer.. if all you have left is less than 2 feet.   it would just keep game flow going.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:55 PM

Oh.. I get it.. kinda like one of those... "Oh Crap, I missed, let me tap that in, willya fellas?" on the course thing...

yea yea.. i like it..but as far as speeding things up, teh game still has to draw in the shot...  I don't see how it would go faster for the game as a whole.  For an individual who finishes first, yea, it would be faster, but then you'd have to wait on the rest anyway, no?

I like the idea though... damn the etiquette.. =)

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:58 PM

i didn't think it was out of etiquette to tap in from less than 2 feet. 

yeah it would still have to redraw... but i think it would still speed up the game... it would cut down on the "oh its my turn".  if you know you are gonna putt out... then you'd be ready as soon as it re-drew.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:11 PM

Whats also ridiculous, is, when you are playing with someone, and it takes them like 40 seconds to tap the ball in from 1 foot. It gets very annoying. Just tap the fricken ball in!

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:39 PM

how about the.... seeing the lie in the bottom left where you can click on your ball location and see the yardage... you could see the lie too.

good idea yes? Hopla

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 1:59 AM

On some holes, "tapping in" from 2 feet can be tricky. Such as on green 15 on Bethpage Black. I've seen a lot of people miss 2ft putts there (probably also including myself).

• dingers
    55 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:11 AM

is anyone having problems with game loads from hole to hole ?????????????????

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:37 AM

Well, have you tried the suggestions sent to you? Better do that prior to hijacking unrelated threads.  

• PAGES
RSS