Help › Forums

Auto "Gimmies"

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:27 AM (7 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2009 1:39 PM

Good morning friends,

I would like to suggest that to save time there be an option to turn on an automatic putt for those times when you leave the ball under 1' to the hole.  I have never missed a putt that short and think an automatic putt could be a good addition.  

Again, "optional".  I recognize that some folk wish to putt them out, but some of us would rather just move on to the next hole.

Thank you for reading this...

Snaike

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2009 8:28 PM

I sounds like a good idea to me.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 10:33 AM

WGTAlex, is this possible?

Thanks =)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 10:41 AM

Hi Snaike, thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, this is not something we would consider doing. We think "gimmies" tend to take some measure of realism out of the game, and given the number of higher priority items on our development list, it is not something we plan to consider.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 12:36 PM

If it's not a priority, it's not a priority... 

Thank you so much for your answer, and have a great day.

• Imbroglio
    26 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:07 AM

I can certainly respect that position, but as I mentioned a bit earlier in another thread, I think an auto-gimmie on a puitt that you'd almost have to go out of your way to miss would really benefit the game in a couple of ways:

1.  It would speed the game along, especially the multiplayer game.

2. It's a video game...it's supposed to be fun, and it's no fun having to hit 1-foot putts, or even worse, wait the additional time for 2 or 3 other people to hit them, on almost every hole...which of course takes us back to the speed of play point.

Either way, WGT is a fantastic game, and while I'm still new at it, I'm really loving it.  Thanks for the great work.

Noel

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:20 AM

just to clarify,

A gimme, is an agreement between two golfers, neither of whom can putt.

but seriously I completely agree with you, especially on making it optional, however im sure there will be times where one taking a gimme might piss off his opponent if it is a competitive scenario.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:27 AM

I think this would only make sense in match play where your opponent concedes the putt to you.  

Cheers

RSS