Help › Forums

Multiple account scammers

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2016 1:01 AM (90 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 6:11 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I simply got frustrated and gave up trying to convince WGT that this person was sandbagging.

With all due respect, what's it to you, and why become so frustrated because of this? Just simply stay away from playing him lol.

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 7:15 PM

pdb1:
    Even if they have an abandoned account somewhere that does not make them a multi accouter . Or a cheater . 

but if someone at champion or a lower tier decided to abandon their account and start over wouldnt that give them an unfair advantage over say a newbie who'd never played the game before? especially when credits are involved which is the prime motivation behind multi accounting and sandbagging.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 11:55 PM

PaulTon:
    Can someone explain this to me

The avg in stats (71+) is the actual stroke play avg within the current tier.

WGT avg (65) is a stroke play avg, artificially lowered due to MP wins (or RG wins, but not in "her" case, lol).

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:01 AM

pdb1:

thewonderstuff:
    but if someone at champion or a lower tier decided to abandon their account and start over wouldnt that give them an unfair advantage over say a newbie who'd never played the game before? especially when credits are involved which is the prime motivation behind multi accounting and sandbagging.

Simply no

Wrong on a couple of counts. Of course there's an unfair advantage. And of course it affects the field. If you're a 1st time TP and there are 10 restarted former champs playing in the same RG, you have no hope of reaching top 10, period.

That's why restarts aren't allowed to play any credit involved games (including WGT free tourneys with any prize), before they reach their former tier. Unfortunately, WGT relies solely on players integrity not to enter them. They can't prevent them to do it, but if they're found out, their accounts are facing a swift over night promotion to their previous tier or even a possible ban.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:03 AM

MBaggese:

What ya really trying to say, Jure? ;)

I've learned in life that it's best to be as clear as possible with the "ladies" :-)

Edit: I reacted to what the "lady" wrote to the person that beat her, just before making this post. To get to L80 in 5 months, all you need to do is to play 1 tourney a day. The person in question has 177 RR under his belt in 5 months (just over 1 round per day), doesn't play RGs (no earnings to his name) and is a L80 TM with a 63+ avg. With the fire power for lower levels available today, all you need to accomplish that are reasonable reflexes and a working brain, ffs.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:15 AM

mkrizan86:
    That's why restarts aren't allowed to play any credit involved games (including WGT free tourneys with any prize), before they reach their former tier. Unfortunately, WGT relies solely on players integrity not to enter them.

Yeah, I did play against a player who told me he couldn't play credit games till he regained his previous tier. I didn't however know that it was his 'choice'. I was under the impression that they'd apply similar validations to those players from select US states and prevent access automatically.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 3:59 AM

pdb1:

mkrizan86:
    Wrong on a couple of counts. Of course there's an unfair advantage. And of course it affects the field. If you're a 1st time TP and there are 10 restarted former champs playing in the same RG, you have no hope of reaching top 10, period.

Hypothetical scenario . And too small of a number of RG participants to be a stat .

Lol, how long have you been playing this game? Earning credits is the biggest reason why people start over or multi account. Cause it gives them an advantage over the field. It's like college students playing little league. How on earth could any rational human claim different?

pdb1:

mkrizan86:
    That's why restarts aren't allowed to play any credit involved games (including WGT free tourneys with any prize), before they reach their former tier. Unfortunately, WGT relies solely on players integrity not to enter them. They can't prevent them to do it, but if they're found out, their accounts are facing a swift over night promotion to their previous tier or even a possible ban.

Again being the least likely and the fewest and smallest minority doesn't count

Wth? I simply wrote the rule that WGT has. In what way is your answer even related to this simple clarification of the WGT rules?

RSS