Help › Forums

Nike Vapor Driver L100

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 6 2016 11:48 AM (43 replies)
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 5:43 AM

SweetiePie:
    my curiousity is scratching at me to rent it.

Do it girl!!!  I decided to get the Covert shortly after reaching Lvl 100 simply by watching how my oppo was able to circumnavigate those 'lovely' trees on Oly with the higher loft...

But now, new eye candy has me wondering, and if someone were to save me the ££ (or in your case $$) of doing a side-by-side comparison, well....   :-)

Hope you're well Lily

Thomas

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 7:40 AM

newcastleb:

SweetiePie:
    my curiousity is scratching at me to rent it.

Do it girl!!!  I decided to get the Covert shortly after reaching Lvl 100 simply by watching how my oppo was able to circumnavigate those 'lovely' trees on Oly with the higher loft...

But now, new eye candy has me wondering, and if someone were to save me the ££ (or in your case $) of doing a side-by-side comparison, well....   :-)

Hope you're well Lily

Thomas

Thank you Thomas

I rented the Covert L-100 and prepared to get a real ShOCk, expecting to behold this dazzling red weapon. I rent and what shows up is an unremarkable looking stick with a sort of slightly metallic burgundy, or maroon colored Covert. I don't do either color I don't own a single garment in that color...don't like that color. I love out of the park, fire engine red. It isn't.      It does, indeed fly very high and is easy to hit. But I doubt that it can stay abreast in distance with the other three drivers that are at this top level. It is not a Bertha. So I am cleanly off the hook and will embrace my Vapor, knowing feeling it is best for me. Now I must look for a matching outfit  ;-}}    

~ SP ~

ps... I do want to test the height it provides at the par 5, #14 at Pebble to see if it can clear the trees at the right side, in a direct route to fool the set-up.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 10:37 AM

SweetiePie:
    I don't do either color I don't own a single garment in that color...don't like that color.

I am SO sorry the color was a disappointment to you SP....must admit I rather agree with your assessment, it's not really one thing nor t'other, not that that worries me a great deal.

SweetiePie:
    But I doubt that it can stay abreast in distance with the other three drivers that are at this top level.

Oh dear, I am now left with the dilemma, shall I/shan't I?  AND with another 2 1/2 weeks or so until next tier with 'free' rental.  Kinda wishing I hadn't asked, now   lols.  Maybe I'll catch lucky in an A/S with someone.  :-)

Thomas

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 11:48 AM

SweetiePie:

But I doubt that it can stay abreast in distance with the other three drivers that are at this top level.

It does...

ps... I do want to test the height it provides at the par 5, #14 at Pebble to see if it can clear the trees at the right side,

It doesn't go over the taller part, but it will go over the shorter half of the trees, in fact you have to take a little power off the shot so you don't go through the fairway...I did get 1 to go over(aiming greenside of that fairway bunker) by skirting the taller trees, but 0 for 5 aiming directly at them....

RSS