Forums

Help › Forums

FADE?draw??

Fri, Mar 25 2011 3:25 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oldmantagger
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 4:57 AM

is it possible to draw/fade the ball on this game? and if so,how??

really would appreciate a response to this enigma..

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 11:35 AM

hi,

right now it is not possible but we are looking to add it down the line.

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 11:35 AM

Not really. Missing the ding early produces a draw-like effect as does missing late produces a fade. It isn't like the real thing but you can play them as such with some success. Riding the wind this way is very helpful. GL

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 11:40 AM

I have some success with the following in drawing a ball.  Don't forget you need to aim right. of the intended target line.

On a full swing you will notice two lines equidistant from the ding line.  The line on the left when you click at that point will produce a draw. Its not perfect but it does help on BPB #2.

Shade

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 2:09 PM

Also hitting right of the "DING" will make the ball land softer. The farther right the softer it will land. It takes a lot of practice to perfect but it comes in handy when you have to come in to the green with a long iron. And you have to do the opposite of what Ifinito3010 suggested (which also is a handy tool) and aim to the left. Also if you want to miss way right of the ding you may wanna add a club because it does give up some distance.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 2:48 PM

You guys are tricky....Yes, you all are right, there are ways we been using to use draw/fade like affects. Many times they can be life savers (for some tee shots or getting outta trouble), but they are not true fade/draw options and require alot of practice and really precise hitting.

I don't recommend them unless someone is really keen to perfect it

-wgticon

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 2:55 PM

WGTicon:
    but we are looking to add it down the line.

Really? Its been almost two years.  : )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 2:55 PM

WGTicon:
    I don't recommend them unless someone is really keen to perfect it

LMAO. The meter gives you a pretty good look at what severe misses do. You just have to remember when it will work doing it on purpose  :-D

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 12:58 AM

Richard4168:

WGTicon:
    but we are looking to add it down the line.

Really? Its been almost two years.  : )

Well, I can't comment about the timeline because I simply do not know. Yes fade/draw will be useful but I have no idea what it takes to make it work well. Also, I can tell you (from my view) it will be hard to adjust to and will likely produce very interesting and often disappointing results.

The way fade works in real life (since I never hit a fade or draw, I am making my guesses from just basic web research+what I seen on tv's) is different than you can make in game. Many times when you draw or fade it really depends on your line and sometimes you may let it fly high and other times very low. But, those things can't really be controlled in game (for example, many times I wanna get a 100 yard screamer, which would fly 4-5 yards off the ground at most). Many times in real life it can be done fairly easily but basically impossible here.

Obviously, it's a wanted feature and it's on our list of things to do as we can, but personally, there are several other things I'd prefer over fade or draw. But that's just my 2 cents.

-wgticon

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 2:22 AM

I thought fade was making shot turn left and draw was making shot turn right?  I've been playing for a year now thinking by missing the line its a fade or a draw shot, basically its just a nice way of saying miss hit on this game?

Because halfway in the boxes either direction gives a very big turn on my ball, and isn't that what's meant to happen then?

• PAGES
RSS