Forums

Help › Forums

Player rankings a joke

Tue, Mar 22 2011 9:23 AM (5 replies)
  • jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 5:32 AM
    How can a player have an ave of 60.66 and by classed as an amateur? Check out 'KATHRYNN' for yourself!
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 5:57 AM

Got the next account ready too - Kathrynnn.  You need to email WGT because they won't do anything just by posting here.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 7:00 AM

The answer to the OP is easy, only 11 ranked rounds, which is not enough to advance to the next tier.  As far as the issue with the mulit account, I will leave that up to your own judgements.

-Long

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 2:46 PM

jonahvark:
    How can a player have an ave of 60.66 and by classed as an amateur? Check out 'KATHRYNN' for yourself!

You've been member long enough to know NOT to name names in the forums.  As MioKontic stated, email WGT at members@worldgolftour.com and state your grievance.

You've also been a member long enough to know that, with the new tier system and average score computation formula, it's possible for newer members to have lower averages and not be tiered reflectively.  This particular member has been a member since 9 January 2011, has only played 17 ranked rounds, and all have been on Kaiwah and St A.  Said member is now a Pro with an average of 59.00 BTW.

You yourself have been a member since 24 December 2008, only have 87 ranked rounds, and mostly play Kaiwah and St A.  So, what is it you're really complaining about?  A new member doing better than you from the get-go?  It's possible so get over it.

WGT will address your complaint if you submit it through the correct channels. 

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 6:20 AM

So, I decide that the right way to do things is to have only one account and work my way up, rather that set up another and sucker everyone into thinking I'm a newby! and your leading a cavalry charge to the rescue! Don't tell me you REALLY believe that someone can come into a game like this and master it in one month. Apologies for naming a member - ignorance is my only excuse.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 9:23 AM

No worries.  One account straight up is the only way to go.  There are some who have started new accounts because waking up a Legend last September just wasn't fun for them.  That I understand.  The rest... apparently winning is more important to some more than others.  Shame on them.

As far as newbies shooting great from the get go?  It's possible but more rare than the recent rash of great playing newbies.  I don't believe a someone can come into the game and master it in a month.  Two months?  Yes.  That's exactly what I did when I first joined under the old tier system. 

All that being said, it's just to hard to think anything other than most of them are multiple account holders.  The issues is not the player rankings.  It's sandbagging at it's finest pure and simple.

RSS