Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT April event: Pebble Beach

Thu, Aug 4 2016 9:13 AM (91 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 7:25 AM

Hey Corwyn,

Good to see you pushing the TIO again. I hope this means you've solved your issues with game play having to clear caches and restart muliple times  to finish a round. Has to be maddening just trying to finish with some playing rhythm.

I tried the Round 1 conditions in a practice round. Whole lots of fun to be had and birdies weren't nearly as hard as I thought they would be.  Had wind in my face on 14 and made a big mess but overall  a fantastic setup for having some fun. Good luck to all. ;)

~CD~

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:57 PM

HIOSoon:
    great news Corwyn, can i sponsor least bogeys or worse thx

Thank you so much Paul! That's wonderful... and promises to be the most challenging prize I think, lol. 

CerinoDevoti:
    I hope this means you've solved your issues with game play having to clear caches and restart muliple times  to finish a round. Has to be maddening just trying to finish with some playing rhythm.

Thanks for the good wishes, Cerino! Nice to hear from you. My loading is hit-and-miss. I'm finding Safari more playable on the Mac but torture to get the client loaded, and hopeless to access forum pages. Even Chrome is pretty bad for the latter, but I'm grateful that it can load the site at all... if I'm slow to respond to posts here, it'll be because page loading is just too painful, but I'm hoping that everyone pretty much knows what to do by this point.

Any questions, please do check the first page. If it ain't answered on there after a year-plus of these events, your question is going to be quite a doozy!

----------------------------

Heads-up, there was a snafu with the first version of the tournament set-up Shoe did today... the Starter 7-iron was somehow missing from the list of clubs, which makes me think set-up for restricted-club tourneys must have to itemize every club even within a full iron set (!!!) ... which is truly bizarre. Anyway, rather than risk it not working and players starting, Shoe has 'killed' version one this evening and will set it all up again in the morning. So, apologies for what will hopefully be a brief delay.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:29 AM

Looking forward to it!

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:56 AM

Corwyn:
    promises to be the most challenging prize I think, lol. 

Lol,did a round to try,WOW v tuff some holes to par! ;)

• StrollinAlong
    184 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 1:31 PM

hard b9 ;(

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 1:49 PM

Corwyn:
    Heads-up, there was a snafu with the first version of the tournament set-up Shoe did today... the Starter 7-iron was somehow missing from the list of clubs, which makes me think set-up for restricted-club tourneys must have to itemize every club even within a full iron set (!!!) ... which is truly bizarre. Anyway, rather than risk it not working and players starting, Shoe has 'killed' version one this evening and will set it all up again in the morning. So, apologies for what will hopefully be a brief delay.

FYI: Tournament is now up and running (since late morning) and is in the game client too.

Thanks Shoe!

LEADERBOARD & ENTRY LINK is here

Good luck everyone!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:52 PM

Hi Corwyn,

Given your own computer probs at mo I'd say you've went above and beyond the call etc with the amount of time you put in ensuring these things get off the mark.

Gulp! had a wee practice over the back 9 earlier today prior to the event being up & running.

Gotta love these wind directions;

10. 22mph tailwind - 10 o'clock

11. 20mph headwind - 5 o/c

12. 27mph tailwind - 11 o/c

13. 29mph headwind - 4 o/c

14. 25mph headwind - 8 o/c

15. 26mph headwind - 5 o/c

16. 27mph headwind - 4 o/c

17. 26mph headwind - 7 o/c

18. 25mph headwind - 5 o/c

Hope the real deal is a bit more kind when I get round to it.

I'll be happy enough to finish the round.... and post ALL the correct info LMAO

:)

• BunkerBuzzer
    269 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:25 PM

forgot to shoot screen again;( and how starter clubs work for 9 holes:) happy with B 9 scramble   ty corwyn

• DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 12:03 AM

Brutal round :(:(

• samppa454
    308 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 5:12 AM

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of my clubs used. But anyway, a nice layout. I was -3 after 5 holes - a great start. Then I made bogey on 6 (just could not clear the rough on my second) and bogies on the tough 8 and 9. On the back9 was very few birdie opportunities and quite many tough holes, and I played the back9 in +3. On the18th I had a wedge in hand, but overshot the flag and missed a 24 footer coming back. But overall, I am happy with a 75.

RSS