Forums

Help › Forums

A Note to the Trolls

Thu, Apr 7 2016 7:13 PM (51 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 9:32 PM

Jamil,

Tell'em about your visit to the hospital, and the major let down you had when the nurse saw what you had done!

Man I loved that story!!

Wish I still had my old internet, I saved that for a few years and read it off and on.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 10:03 PM

godelescher:

Then you weren't paying attention, sweetie pie.

Do a search, but be less snotty

(And, for what it's worth, I remember you... always in the forum, always talking, never listening)

Search for the "Legend 400 Tournament"

Search for "WGT All-Stars"

Whether or not you've ever heard of me means diddly squat.

I'm sorry. If I came off snotty, it was not my goal. I'm not snotty at all, yet I can think of about 8 1/2 to 9 million reasons why I could be. I'm also sorry I missed all the good you did, but I guess it could happen. Anyway, hit 'um straight.

~ SP ~

• Picardio
    62 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:09 AM

If you can score 49 the game is to easy , that is not realistic golf , 59 maybe on an easy course .

WGT should make the game a lot harder  , i have no idea how , but there should never ever be a score of 49 posted , i don't care how good anyone is , i would prefer to be scoring 70's all the time rather than 60's , it just isn't realistic.

I don't care if it took him 10.000 balls.

Most champions have low 50 averages , once again totally unrealistic , come on WGT make it so mid 60 scores are good , not low 50's , once again totally unrealistic to the real game.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 2:39 AM

godelescher is my new forum hero!

Lily might not have noticed him over the years but he sure has got her pegged.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 11:11 AM

Picardio:
    If you can score 49 the game is to easy , that is not realistic golf , 59 maybe on an easy course .

That was done from the forward tees (the 49) from a very good Legend player-no TL's or Champs then.

Picardio:
    WGT should make the game a lot harder  , i have no idea how , but there should never ever be a score of 49 posted , i don't care how good anyone is , i would prefer to be scoring 70's all the time rather than 60's , it just isn't realistic.

If the best players were scoring in the 70's all the time, how long would you stick around if you could never break 80?

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 12:19 PM

PaulTon:

godelescher is my new forum hero!

Lily might not have noticed him over the years but he sure has got her pegged.

BOOM!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 12:34 PM

MBaggese:

Picardio:

If the best players were scoring in the 70's all the time, how long would you stick around if you could never break 80?

Yep,   if they make the game harder for those shooting all those low scores guess what,  it also means the game is harder for us that rarely shoot the low scores.   In a way, it would be much more difficult for those of us that don't shoot that low.  The elite would still be elite and us common folk would still be at the bottom.  No change lol

Actually,  if the game as it is now,  is "so easy" then why can't we all shoot those low scores??  Face it, some are just much better than others,  that's life... deal with it or find another hobby.  ;-)

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:08 PM

FWIW, I was a little late to the party.  The OP did however leave a set of walkthroughs that are great reading for newbs as I was back then, so a belated thanks for that .  I still laugh over some of the descriptions when they pop into my head playing a specific hole - "The Carnival Ride" for example... 

Hole 15 - The Carnival Ride Par 4

The Drive

Grip it and Rip it. Just keep it in the fairway. The longer your drive, the more likely you are to have good placement from the frontside rough for an up and down for par.

The 2nd shot

Normally, the 2nd shot on a par 4 is the approach to the green. Not so much on this hole.

I will gladly listen to alternatives for this hole because I'm not so sure I play this one correctly, but here goes anyway:

I rarely bogey this hole, but I never birdie it. I play my second shot for the frontside rough. The ideal second shot is as close to the green as possible, but I never actually reach it. With the green 30'-40' above and 180 yards away, this is a full 225 yard 3W with full backspin (to give it more loft) that usually leaves me 5-10 yards short and in 40-50% rough.

Believe it or not, that's just about perfect for me.

The 3rd Shot - The Carnival Shot

We've all seen this green before. A green so steep at it's front side that it requires crampons and an ice axe to scale. From 12 yards away from the pin, I don't even think about this shot anymore. Aim left of the pin about 3', hit a 22 yard pitch shot with full backspin. The ball will fly about pin high then roll another 3 or 4 yards. That's when it reaches the steepest part of the green and starts its U-turn back down the hill. Leave the pin in the hole and you might get lucky and the ball will hit it like a backstop leaving only a tap in par. Most likely, you'll come back another 3 or 4 feet for a not-too-tricky uphill par putt (see replay #9 BPB 15)

Good luck.

Full forum post here.  and I love the description "James Joyce with commas & periods."

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:13 PM

godelescher:
    I used to know people here who were truly amazing, some of them are still here. Some of them are gone forever.

This post and thread gives me hope that Ffudd * might some day return. 

:^)

---------------

* A great player who espoused using only two shots, full and putt. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 1:57 PM

JimbeauC:

godelescher:
    I used to know people here who were truly amazing, some of them are still here. Some of them are gone forever.

This post and thread gives me hope that Ffudd * might some day return. 

:^)

---------------

* A great player who espoused using only "two shots", full and putt. 

two shots and only one club choice available...now that is my kind of golfer..:)

RSS