Help › Forums

World Golf Tour

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:44 AM (26 replies)
  • NickN85
    193 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 11:17 AM

WGTicon:

Those are pretty old videos. I think they are from the time the game was in closed beta. I guess around fall 2008. Interesting tidbit - as many of you think we somehow manipulate meter on purpose, it clearly shows that we do not. Otherwise,why would that meter be that way during an interview, on a closed system?

-wgticon

That was a closed system they were playing on at the time and it STILL had meter issues? looks like partial cause of the meter could be in the origin server or application itself then.. 

I really wish a developer would make a thread somewhat detailing (cause you dont wanna give away everything) how the system is setup so that us technically inclined individuals could try to help sort out the issue.. since the dev's obviously either arent sure.. or are busy with other things...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:49 PM

NickN85:

WGTicon:

Those are pretty old videos. I think they are from the time the game was in closed beta. I guess around fall 2008. Interesting tidbit - as many of you think we somehow manipulate meter on purpose, it clearly shows that we do not. Otherwise,why would that meter be that way during an interview, on a closed system?

-wgticon

That was a closed system they were playing on at the time and it STILL had meter issues? looks like partial cause of the meter could be in the origin server or application itself then.. 

I really wish a developer would make a thread somewhat detailing (cause you dont wanna give away everything) how the system is setup so that us technically inclined individuals could try to help sort out the issue.. since the dev's obviously either arent sure.. or are busy with other things...

It was a guess that it was a closed system but maybe it was directly on wgt.com. At that time, we only had those courses, so anyone's guess.

Anyway, back to the video:)

• stuffix
    762 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:57 AM

I don't know if the following video has been posted before, but it seems like the appropriate thread. This one, which is an interview of  YuChiang Cheng, was made about a month ago for the 100.000.000th round.

http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/big-games-2011-over-100-million-virtual-rounds-played-world-golf-tour

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 6:27 AM

the meter is probably the number one problem why some of us have'nt been able to score better.  to me it looks like some players (Legent) have been able to overcome meter problems, but mums the word.  Peace out

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 6:30 AM

i would push Gift Card use for anyone that would not use credit card, its very safe

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 7:12 AM

Nice find Stuffix, another good video.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 7:33 AM

MioKontic:

Nice find Stuffix, another good video.

Yes, thanks for the link.

<ahem>... but to return to the "side-topic" for just a sec... ( sry  Mio :/  ) ...

In the video, MisterWGT's 2nd shot (approach) on 10Kiawah was a CLASSIC representation of how my meter skips. Interesting that he managed to "ding" that shot... I rarely do.

I also found it interesting that there was NO MENTION of Oakmont in the interview... gotta wonder why that info was "reserved"...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 8:01 AM

PugsAce:
    I also found it interesting that there was NO MENTION of Oakmont in the interview... gotta wonder why that info was "reserved"...

I'll bet anything part of the agreement WGT has with the USGA is that they won't prostitute the name or courses to sell a product. Look at how long it took for them to use Oakmont in the weeklies.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 8:36 AM

stuffix:
    This one, which is an interview of  YuChiang Cheng, was made about a month ago for the 100.000.000th round.

Thanks stuffix, very interestiing....

http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/big-games-2011-over-100-million-virtual-rounds-played-world-golf-tour

RSS