Forums

Help › Forums

World Golf Tour

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:44 AM (26 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:11 AM

Didn't really know where best to put this, so I guessed this section is a good a place as any.  I know one of the videos was posted elsewhere in the forum within the last day, but I felt it deserved it's own section.  If this already exists in an old thread somewhere then I apologise.

These videos are about WGT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JmwxDFZknw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oje9ciQHrto&feature=channel

I thought the videos were fantastic and very informative.  And the two co-founders seemed to be such approachable guys that it makes me wonder why they don't seem to want to talk to us... about the meter issues, for example, to get it sorted.  Maybe they're not there any more?

Did you notice on Chad's first shot how stuttery the meter was!  Now that could be something to do with videoing a monitor screen, but on his second shot it was smooth, so I'm not convinced.  Is that the sort of stuttering you all experience?  If so, I'm in meter heaven!

I have said I wouldn't deposit money into this game, but after seeing those videos I could change my mind as they were quite warming... if only WGT would talk to us a little more about what they are currently doing to resolve the issues, and get the game out of Beta.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:03 AM

Interesting Mio !

I wonder what Chad Nelson and Yuchiang Cheng's WGT golfer names are ?

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:09 AM

Holy Crap, Thats what you people's meters look like?... that second shot that you see chad make where the meter appears alot less choppy.. is what my meter looks like on a bad shot.. its 10 times better than that normally. I couldn't imagine trying to play a full round with a meter like that first shot... 

...we really need to figure out this meter thing if thats how you guys play.. I can see why alot of people don't want to pay for anything...

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:34 AM

StrangeMagic:

Interesting Mio !

"GuyONelson's" Profile

Dunno bout Yu's...

Enjoyed the vids, Mio. Thanks for the links.

As far as the meter goes... when it acts up... mine is worse than seen in the video. The "stop/starts" while it is approaching the "ding-line" are fewer, but longer (about 1inch long as opposed to the 1/2inch long ones Chad had). So I s'pose these "longer segments" that many experience translate into the distance by which we miss the ding-line each time it happens...

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 8:38 AM

yES IT WOULD BE POLITE IF wgt  WOULD POST IN HERE.,DOUBT IT THO.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 9:53 AM

Those are pretty old videos. I think they are from the time the game was in closed beta. I guess around fall 2008. Interesting tidbit - as many of you think we somehow manipulate meter on purpose, it clearly shows that we do not. Otherwise,why would that meter be that way during an interview, on a closed system?

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:09 AM

Icon - I've never thought you were manipulating the meter on purpose. If I have posted such elsewhere, then it will have only been in jest.  As I said, I thought the videos were really good and go a long way to selling the product, hence the reason I posted it so that newbies could see it as well as those of us who haven't seen it before.

I didn't want this thread to turn to meter issues, I'd rather that was done in the appropriate thread in WGT Beta, but as Chad was having meter problems, in 2008 you say, and far worse than I've ever seen in my short time here, how much has been done in the 2 years since to solve the problem... long term?  Like I said, I'd sooner this was answered in the WGT Beta section.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:10 AM

I dont think people really think that wgt are messing with the meter intentionally. More like that the choppy meter makes it impossibles to effectively use a mouse macro so wgt just leave it as it is. At least thats what I have heard said.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:29 AM

StrangeMagic:

SM - you could see them in the videos - Pugs has got one of them - GuyONsleon.  The other I think is Enzo (again from the video).  It's a bit blurred, but I checked the profile and the account was created on 19th May 2007 (2 days before GuyONelson), but he's still an amateur.  Also, he's got no winnings (from moving up tiers, although maybe that wasn't done in those days), and all he's ever done is bought things from the pro shop, presumably to try them.

Interesting that he bought a load of B-ES balls on 8th Feb... I wonder why?

What you should have a look at is their friends list - people to know???  And from GuyONelson's profile, I wonder if Jack_Nicklaus is real?  Well, why not, after all, in the WGT T&C,s I think it says you are not allowed to anybody else's real name.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:31 AM

Spacklero:

I dont think people really think that wgt are messing with the meter intentionally. More like that the choppy meter makes it impossibles to effectively use a mouse macro so wgt just leave it as it is. At least thats what I have heard said.

That's a very interesting concept Spacklero, never thought of that.

RSS