Forums

Help › Forums

Unusual sightings and whatnots

Tue, Feb 22 2011 3:35 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 6:04 PM

We were just an ordinary 4-ball, meandering our way around Bethpage, knocking a few balls hither and thither (more thither than hither!) when my partner shouted something:

If you can't see it, it says "tanks".  Now, fortunately it doesn't happen to me very often, but if there's a chance someone might open fire on me I dive for cover.  And so it was, I jumped to the ground and lay still waiting for that inevitable BOOOOOOOOOOM.  Well, it didn't come, and I didn't see any tanks either.

So, to my questions...
    Has anyone else seen any tanks on Bethpage?  In fact, come to think of it, he shouted "tanks" on Oakmont yesterday too.  Is he seeing things?  Should I suggest an eye test to him, or does he need something stronger - a psychiatrist maybe?  I've only known him a couple of days though, so i feel bad about bringing this up.  Lol - sounds a bit like a "Dear Auntie" letter!

That's the whatnots, now for the sightings.  Location:  Kiawah 9th hole.  Time:  Day.

What is that thing slightly in front and to the right of the teeing area (underneath the arrow).  I know it's a bit difficult to see in this pic, but have a look next time you're out there.  Looks like a bird of some sort, but it's well camouflaged with it's grassy green colour.  And alien bird maybe???

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:24 PM

so you have met ljbast?  ljbast=good people!!!

tanks??????? I don't think so mio.   A mispelling for thanks, more then likely.   A term he coined himself very likely.

Cheers,

b9gey

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 9:01 PM

b0geybuster:

so you have met ljbast?  ljbast=good people!!!

Cheers,

b9gey

Indeed. ljblast was the feller who had the profile pic of a golfer gulfin in flames of big fire when I first ran into him. I remember thinking that is one of the top ten icons - no arguments.

Now the story going around on the innerwebs and whatnot (cannot verify meselfs) is that a Cool Hand Luke type spotted ljblast's icon as his was very very similar. I also heard chatter about some epic match play round for using the "golfer who is gulfin'" picture for their WGT icon.

I will wait till ljblast is ready to talk about it. I understand such dilemmas.

Sincerely - Yancy

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:19 AM

Oh, come on Bogey, I was having a bit of fun, now you've spoiled it.  I already asked LJ about it, and having played a few games with him the last few days I know he types it all the time.  We ain't half had some fun.  Played with your dad last night too, great games.  You should join us some time.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:20 AM

YancyCan:

Indeed. ljblast was the feller who had the profile pic of a golfer gulfin in flames of big fire when I first ran into him. I remember thinking that is one of the top ten icons - no arguments.

Now the story going around on the innerwebs and whatnot (cannot verify meselfs) is that a Cool Hand Luke type spotted ljblast's icon as his was very very similar. I also heard chatter about some epic match play round for using the "golfer who is gulfin'" picture for their WGT icon.

I will wait till ljblast is ready to talk about it. I understand such dilemmas.

Sincerely - Yancy

Yep, he mentioned that too.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:21 AM

Ok, so what about that bird thingy then?  Surely it's not just a few blades of grass??

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:07 AM

MioKontic:

Ok, so what about that bird thingy then?  Surely it's not just a few blades of grass??

CMCC TAC TEAM THROAT MIKE INTERCEPTION:

DOG BREATH THIS IS GAS BAG, OVER 

TARGET ACQUIRED, HIDE IN BP HOLE 9 OB AREA UNTIL NIGHTFALL

ARM ANTI-TANK HAGGIS GUN, AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, HOW COPY

GAS BAG THIS IS DOG BREATH, COPY ALL

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:14 AM

You might find it a little hard to see from up there SM - it was hard enough from tee level!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:15 AM

GASBAG this is DOGBREATH, OVER

Prepare to POP SILK, OVER

SR mission a full go

ORP VISIBLE

POP SILK on my count, OVER

five, four, three, two, one...POP SILK!

See ya on the ground

DOGBREATH, OUT

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:59 AM

MioKontic:

That's the whatnots, now for the sightings.  Location:  Kiawah 9th hole.  Time:  Day.

What is that thing slightly in front and to the right of the teeing area (underneath the arrow).  I know it's a bit difficult to see in this pic, but have a look next time you're out there.  Looks like a bird of some sort, but it's well camouflaged with it's grassy green colour.  And alien bird maybe???

Ahhhhh... perhaps not as camo'd as (he) should've been! I think a couple of OPERATIVES were sent not only off-course, but to opposite sides of their mis-intended target... 

StrangeMagic:

CMCC TAC TEAM THROAT MIKE INTERCEPTION:

DOG BREATH THIS IS GAS BAG, OVER

TARGET ACQUIRED, HIDE IN BP HOLE 9 OB AREA UNTIL NIGHTFALL

ARM ANTI-TANK HAGGIS GUN, AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, HOW COPY

GAS BAG THIS IS DOG BREATH, COPY ALL

...sent to "BP Hole 9"?! Landed on Kiawah #9?! Suggest GPS calibrations, AND greater care in future with pre-packed chutes! (...may be a "fly in the ointment"!)

CanineSupervisor:

GASBAG this is DOGBREATH, OVER

Prepare to POP SILK, OVER

SR mission a full go

ORP VISIBLE

POP SILK on my count, OVER

five, four, three, two, one...POP SILK!

See ya on the ground

DOGBREATH, OUT

... "dried-out bush" ghillie choice was so good for the other side however, I'd not noticed him hidden-in-plain-sight til a careful zoom-in of Mio's pic...

• PAGES
RSS