Forums

Help › Forums

Enough is Enough

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 27 2011 10:59 AM (22 replies)
  • NickN85
    193 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 5:53 AM

Please stop slamming my "wall" with negative and demeaning BS remarks.. I dont go around personally attacking all of you. I might criticize a question because the answers are in the FAQs.. i might argue a fact someone states due to their info being incorrect, I might get angry after youve repeatedly made negative comments towards me and take it out on you on the boards.... however i have never made a downright personal attack against anybody in specific.. just the community as a whole...

SO STOP F'IN COLLECTIVELY ATTACKING ME ON MY PROFILE OR IN THE FORUMS FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD.

I happen to live in a free country and the internet has no laws about being able to speak your voice.. and as far as I know I havent directly (maybe indirectly) broken the TOS...

SO GET OFF MY BACK.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:35 AM

Have you ever seen the commercial where the girl says to her mom ... 

"I got into one of the best colleges in the country !" ........ yet what the dad heard is 

"I got into one of the most expensive colleges in the country !"

Nick --- this post is just like this .... it's easy to read and understand the words but ... to a whole lot of the WGT community .... you may as well have given a personal invitation for them to put more and more junk on your profile page and in the forums ... 

Just saying .... get that delete button ready ........

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:58 AM

I know you're probably going to disagree with me, but here goes anyway.  I'd say you've been the architect of your own misfortune and brought about much of the backlash on yourself.

For sure it's a democracy....free world bla bla...so it's always going to be two way traffic good or bad.

however i have never made a downright personal attack against anybody in specific.. just the community as a whole...

SO STOP F'IN COLLECTIVELY ATTACKING ME ON MY PROFILE OR IN THE FORUMS FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD.

'nuff said.

tbe

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:00 AM

Donna Summer and Barbara Streisand I think. 

What do I win?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:08 AM

Nick, where I don't agree with members attacking you, on your wall or in the forums, you need to take into consideration that people love this game and enjoy the community.

You've only been a member for a short while and some people feel that's not long enough for you to come to the WGT forums and start posting condescending remarks to people about how the game is played on their computer. You can't deny your posts were a bit brash with the members, even by your own admission. 

I agree with some of your helpful posts and even WGT took notice. I believe everyone should let cooler heads prevail, and start over.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:42 AM

NickN85:
    however i have never made a downright personal attack against anybody in specific.. just the community as a whole...

I'll assume its OK with you  to argue this statement because arguing is acceptable to you.

You gotta understand the receiver and readers also decide if its a personal attack, not to mention the mods 

I guarantee your view will not agree with everyone else's view of  what is an attack and what isn't.  Been there, done that.  In the one thread "Sick of Hearing About Meter Issues"  There were, IMO, at least 3 uncalled for attacks:

At Noobingalltheway: "I know youre just trying to be a smartass here" and  "andy he was simply trying to be a noob smartass with his "i read somewhere today that this is due to my computer" referring to me.."

At Tightrope: "i really wish youd stop trolling my posts tightrope and realize you dont know as much as you think about how a computer TRULY works..." and  "AGAIN ANOTHER SMALL MINDED MISINFORMED PERSON"

At me: "OK ANDY NOW YOUR JUST PISSING ME OFF... in not one of your "studies" have you taken into consideration that WGT runs on an edge server setup... instead your small mind is focusing on the cpu usage stats ........"

You need to get some thicker skin for when people disagree with you. Don't turn around and make it personal.

I anticipate your disagreement.

Also, read the Community Guidelines not only the T&C.

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:05 AM

Andy... first off... you started in on me from my very first post and have not stopped yet..

I admitted to going after some people if you would open your eyes..

NickN85:

I might get angry after youve repeatedly made negative comments towards me and take it out on you on the boards

And if you were paying attention to ALL of my posts in these boards you would see that of my 160+ posts.. atleast 150 of them have been trying to accomplish 2 things.. 

either trying to help the community by explaining why the meter issues occur and what can be done to help them (which after hours of debate from you and others WGT THEMSELVES basically backed my findings 100% with their announcement post - obviously not for my benefit or anything but just to supress some of the false info being put out there to try and clear things up.)

OR trying to help people improve their game by lending them the knowledge Ive learned over the 180+ rounds I have played in the last month( and yes you can check my stats to see it was this many plus more if you include blitz, ctth, and practice rounds..

The only time I have become irrate is when obvious multi's ask obvious "look at me" questions they already know the answers too, or when someone really really gets on my nerves when they think they know something that I can literally prove them wrong about.

So if i offended you im sorry.. but nothing i have done merits daily personal attacks on my wall and on the boards when the 150+ GOOD HELPFUL posts ive made outweigh the 3 or 4 ones made under aggravated circumstances. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:27 AM

NickN85:
    So if i offended you im sorry.. but nothing i have done merits daily personal attacks on my wall and on the boards when the 150+ GOOD HELPFUL posts ive made outweigh the 3 or 4 ones made under aggravated circumstances. 

No need to apologize, I wasn't offended, my skin is plenty thick.

Keep in mind readers don't count your posts, they weigh them.  And nasty posts weigh a ton.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 9:00 AM

I don't know who you are and cannot recall reading any of your posts. What I do know is that people don't just decide to launch personal attacks on individuals without something firstly triggering off their ire. Not that I condone their behaviour but perhaps you should be examining your own conduct first?

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 9:18 AM

Here is and idea Nick. Play golf, don't post.

RSS