Forums

Help › Forums

Global warming

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:23 PM (4 replies)
  • banebdjed
    43 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 1:44 PM

Is it because of Global warming that it never seems to rain on these golf courses? surely there should be an occasional random rain storm or even a light drizzle to slow down the balls roll or have it get clogged in mud?!?! also, surely St Andrews would be open to the odd bit of snow causing the ball to almost stop dead or slide very fast on the green?!?! I am also very concerned about the increased amount of wind experienced now a days. Could this be down to some HAARP programme? it seems every game is either played in gale-force conditions and anything under 7mph is very unusual. What has happened to these days with a light breeze? or even no wind at all? 

Other issues i have is with the Pro-shop...Is it because of the recession that the shop is almost empty? surely when we are selling energy drinks that increase xp we should be able to purchase a decent golf glove that will increase ball control and slow down meter speed? or a decent golf shoe that will increase control?

And dont most avid golfers buy tees that may increase elevation or distance? Surely we should also be able to purchase tees?!?!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 4:50 PM

It happens when we are offline, the WGT Gods control the weather here.

Coming Soon: The Micahel Jackson Power Glove!!

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 4:59 PM

!st suggestion:

Probably not possible with the way WGT creates the courses.. they dont create the graphics so therefore having snow or rain on the course.. would require them to go to that specific course during those times of conditions and retake snapshots to use... probably wont happen.

They could create 3D vecotr graphics to somewhat mimic this, but if you think the servers are congested now and have issues... lets just say you dont want them adding any more high bandwidth material...

2nd suggestion:

The game is still coming along in the means of the Pro Shop.. things will come and things will probably go.. this part takes time due to legal restrictions with the companies they are affiliated with... I doubt however that WGT will ever have "accesories" for the avatars that do anything for skill-padding.. would just be turning it into TWO imo...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:09 PM

Uh Nick... they already have beverage accessories for skill-padding, or at least level padding.  Which, by virtue of new equipment, equals skill-padding

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:23 PM

Ban - I brought up the weather idea a little while back, only to find it had been discussed long before (by members only, not by WGT).  Anyway, my thread is here which also may link to the original thread.

RSS