Forums

Help › Forums

CLUBS SURVEY RESULT

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2009 4:05 PM (8 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 10:34 PM

Firstly thank you everyone for taking part in this survey, the reponse have been over whelming and is still coming in as I am posting the thread. I am having a little problem with the graphic of  the chart so it's not as clear as I would like it to be, hope everyone won't have too much problem reading it.

The data below comes from a total of 80 players, 71 Masters and 9 Pro, and the majority of the people participated are in the top group of players here or have been playing this game for over 6 months.  Keep in mind that most player carry more than 1 type of club for each category so in a way the data is NOT representing which particular brand is the best club in it's category.  I think most of you will find the result very interesting reading, and there are a few surprises too. Enjoy !

Photobucket

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 11:11 PM

your welcome:)

the results are fine, thank you

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 12:55 AM

Think of all the waste in most people possessing both the older TaylorMade R9 and the newer TaylorMade R9 TP driver. I'm certain when the club trade-in feature is introduced, the older R9 will be the most returned club. It's become useless.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 10:26 AM

yeah i hope they really follow through with the trade in feature. 

i'm curious...

for those of you using the G10 pro irons/wedges or the tour burner irons/wedges... what do you like and dislike about them.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 10:33 AM

The Tour Burner Pro wedges are so difficult to play with I threw one of them away and keep a Tour Starter wedge in my bag instead, for short-range flop shots, for example.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 2:45 PM

Faterson:
    The Tour Burner Pro wedges are so difficult to play with I threw one of them away and keep a tour starter wedge in my bag instead, for short-range flop shots, for example.

really?  i love both of my wegdes 54 and 60.  what was in particular you didn't like?  just the flop shots?  or could you not get a feel for distance?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:12 PM

Mainly the flop shots, although the lack of forgiveness for crucial approach shots (like Bethpage, hole 7) is a factor, too. On the par 5 Bethpage 4, for example, my 2nd shot frequently lands in the green-fronting bunker, with 15 yds or so left to pin. No matter what backspin and restraint I tried to apply when flopping with the Tour Burner Pro wedge, the flops either ended up rolling away from the pin to the other side of the green, or (not using full swing) they didn't even reach green, stopping in the rough or rolling back into the bunker.

Using my Tour Starter Gold 60° Wedge – I bought it extra for 1 dollar, so that I can later trade in the full Tour Starter set – I get exactly the result I want, even though this club has less back-spin and precision. (But far more forgiveness!)  The flop shots from 15 yds range or so are neither too weak nor too strong, and I frequently manage to flop within a few feet from pin.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:32 PM

when i stopped applying backspin on flop shots... my accuracy got better.  i've hit the shot your talking about both poorly and with great accuracy using the 60 wedge.  but i'd say the results are more me than the club. i'm sure you know to aim left of the hole.  whatever works... can't go wrong for $1.

there's alot about the club i like.  particular stopping the ball on a dime from the rough.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 4:05 PM

To clarify, I ditched the 54 Tour Burner wedge, and have two 60 wedges now. For flop shots from a greater distance, like 20 yds, the Tour Burner wedge is ideal. It was the smaller distances that were giving me trouble.

RSS