Forums

Help › Forums

What Do You Wear For Playing Golf?

Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:47 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyoz
    465 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 3:24 AM

I don't mean WGT, we all play that naked of course.  But when your out there on the course what kind of gear do you support.  I was wondering about this as I tend to avoid the big brand golf names, I tend to just mix and match a few random garments.  Probably look like a right sight sometimes.  Think I struggle the most when it get's cold.  So what do you guys tend to wear? 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:19 AM

Other than the shoes, certainly nothing especially made for golf. The original style alligator shirt or equivalent from Brooks Bros. (long-sleeve in the cooler months + a sweater as needed). Long khakis, never shorts. No watch - interferes with the golf swing. The shoes are two-tone brown and black, with those funny kiltie flap things over the top that are removable, made to order by my shoe guy. The shoes are much sharper than my golf swing.

• schmayman
    134 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:48 AM

I wear jean shorts,t-shirt,work boots,and my baseball cap.We are not very formal here in florida.If courses dont let me play I go someplace.  schmayman

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:05 AM

Wow, the shoes sound impressive.  I never wear shorts when I play, just seems wrong somehow.  One thing that is slightly odd about me is that I don't wear a glove, all my friends wear one but I;ve just never bothered with one.  

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:58 AM

I usualy wear what said nazi's ALLOW me to where at said courses.

The ever pretencious  'collared' shirt.  and gay pants.

All this just to take my club and hit my ball in their  hole...damn that sound durrrrty.

coincidence.

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:14 PM

I usually saunter on to the course in my shiny fuscia speedo & black feather boa. Bad weather days call for ankle socks with pom poms. If it's a sunny day, i go for one of them big lipped see through visors for the head but lately most of the club pros insist I keep my hockey helmet on.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:55 PM

Now, I had to debate wether or not to answer this postable with the integrity y'alls expect from Yancy.

But - I am in.

I WGT frequently in the nude - I have documentation that playing nude helps your bandwidth by some leapers and bounds and such.

Another WGTer told me that if you do a "full sheen" - meaning shave off all your body hair it lowers resistance and makes WGT way mostly smoother on the meter and the whatnots we all worry about from time to time.

Sincerely, Yancy - The Common Man Country Club

Yancy's WGT YouTube Tootorial & Golfin Tips Vidyas Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yancycan

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 6:22 PM
    White males only play golf so that they can dress like Filipino's
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:01 PM

Ahh Yancyman... in my house only my girlfriend does the "full sheen" which makes it difficult for me to play golf, either the real variety or WGT.   But then, I am a HappyMan.

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:31 PM

Don't forget the swim cap, I heard they help with the aerodynamicables n such. 

• PAGES
RSS