Forums

Help › Forums

Amateur winning several RG's, scoring 59's

Wed, Mar 30 2011 8:36 PM (23 replies)
  • Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:10 PM

YankeeJim:

Richard4168 is right Goody but now that you made it anyway did you notice this amateur shooting 59 in the Kia RG and winning it by 4 strokes??!! Wow.

This makes a pretty good case for factoring earnings/winnings into tier advancement.

YJ,

I noticed this too...and it's not like there was some weak competition in that RG either.  This guy just  destroyed some seriously great players.

-Long

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:38 PM

No response yet from WGT. Have sent an email again.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 1:23 AM

Yes this is not good at all... Shooting in the high 50's at that level...wow, there is something wrong there. There is 3 things that caught me eye about this person...

1/ The clubs he was using..most of them we starters except for the Irons.. well I suppose you can have them on that tier.

2/ Looking at his scoring history, all of a sudden (apart from the ctth and blitzes) he has found the secret for shooting great scores..I think there is 2 people playing that account, one of them is the normal person(who started the account) and the other the Elite player.

3/ I did a search on half his user name and another variation that looks the same as his Username came up...A Hack who has played 1 game...the mind boggles...lol

I've been saying this for ages..ya get people who start another account and play the game. I don't mind it, but if they are winning credits by shooting low scores in the high Ave. Tiers that is Wrong and I think they are committing fraud too... But how do you police it...don't know

-Roger

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:55 PM

This guy is also throwing gifts around like he's santa claus. If only u could see who he sends them too.

His other accounts maybe!?

Dazza

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:22 PM

Blatantly disregarding the Terms & Conditions will only send a message to the rest of the community that their not valid and forum chaos could erupt.

I understand some are upset that WGT somehow allows this behavior to go on by their members, but both sides of the coin breaking the rules doesn't make anything right.

Everyone knows WGT will suspend the player in question's account eventually. WGTicon has given instructions for people who wish to turn-in members suspected of cheating.

I don't advocate cheating, nor am I defending WGT. There just needs to be a form of sensibility by the members in these types of situations.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:48 PM

Read all about it here. Last post on the page.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 6:02 PM

Ok guys, lets close this topic, 4 sure the guy aint worth it, have removed his screenshot 2.

Cheers, GC

PS got an email back from WGT which said: "Thanks 4 reporting"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:06 AM

GoodyChamp:
    Ok guys, lets close this topic, 4 sure the guy aint worth it, have removed his screenshot 2.

Removed him too.  :-D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:11 AM

YankeeJim:
    Read all about it here.

Exactly. And I wasn't trying to play moderator, I just knew this topic was growing into a powder-keg that was about to erupt.  : )

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:47 AM

Richard4168:

YankeeJim:
    Read all about it here.

Exactly. And I wasn't trying to play moderator, I just knew this topic was growing into a powder-keg that was about to erupt.  : )

Fair enough i dont mind people who have been here a few weeks, and have only practiced before playing ranked rounds, but scoring low straight after joining, blatent or what?..

This will never change unless WGT go back to the old tier system of unlocking equipment, and maybe refunding the people who are amatures with legend clubs, and let them buy a 245 yard driver instead!!

RSS