Forums

Help › Forums

Update to Ready-Go Payouts

Mon, Feb 14 2011 8:17 AM (22 replies)
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:36 PM

Thanks for all your feedback about the Ready-Go tournaments.

Based on your suggestions, we’re switching back to the original payout schedule, with just a small change of 50 credits more for first place and 50 credits less for third place. The rest of the payouts are the same as the original payouts from last year, and the top 30 finishers still get paid as before. See the full payout schedule here, http://wgt.com/help.aspx#readygo. Note that a few of the “old” Ready-Go’s are still open, but all the new Ready-Go’s will use the new payout schedule going forward.

We’re continuing to monitor the new tier-based Ready-Go’s which are limited to Pro, Tour Pro, Master, Tour Master and Legend players. The new tier-based formats are definitely more fair since players compete against other players with similar skills, but by creating front 9, back 9 and 18-hole tournament options, all the Ready-Go’s are taking longer to finish, from about 1 day to about 2 days. We’re hoping that as more players discover the new tiered Ready-Go’s that they’ll start to close faster. If not, we’ll need to reduce some of the tiered Ready-Go options in the coming weeks.

As always, please let us know what you think. Thanks!

WGT

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:48 PM

Well, some of us enjoyed it while it lasted (Bollie, I'm looking at you :-), but congrats WGT for listening to your customers and doing the right thing!  Props from me.

• United4Life
    104 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:48 PM

Thanks alot wgt, it is really great to see you have listened to us. Loved the old system and great to see it back!!

U4L

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:09 PM

Thanks WGT... the old payout system was more fair to everybody I think , with the new payout system, if you finish in the first 2 places it was great, but with more golfers shooting in the high 20's now and you shoot 31 (which is a good score for some of us) and get, say 50cr back it's not really worth it.

The Tier based Tournys are a really good idea... except when ya playing against sharks, but thats' another story...lol. I think keep them, but shorten the time limit to post a score.  As you know, I played a TM Beth R/G F9 last Wed. ...The results for that comp came out on Fri at 9pm ( ADST ), I think it was waiting for a alot of people to post their scores.. maybe just shorten the time limit.

Cheers

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:17 PM

Well actually... The people have paid the entry fee already so if you cut down on the time limit to post ya score it doesn't matter with the payouts, 2plus days is way too long, or as soon as a Tourny closes start a new one.

Keep up the great job WGT, it is the Best Golf game out!

- Roger

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:19 PM

Well done WGT,

Nice to see that it wasn't really' closed for discussion' after all.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:43 PM

clap, clap

Well done WGT

Cheers,

b0gey

• losersss
    138 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:50 PM
    good move WGT
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:03 PM

Thanks!

• WiganSpit
    19 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:05 PM

WGT,

Thanks for listening, a lot fairer payout system.

cheers
    WS

RSS