Help › Forums

Tier Change: Won't Post Score

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:14 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheVilleCards
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:25 PM

I was just changed from Pro to Master's Tier.  I scored a 32 on the Pro tier before moving to Master's, and tonight I scored a 32 on Master's but it isn't showing up on the Master leaderboard.  Please tell me that my score should count in my new tier since I was involuntarily switched in the first place.  I should be able to keep this score as the Pro score is already "out of the prize."  At least I still have a chance in Master's.  Please help me understand how this works!

BTW this is for the 9-hole Front BPB tourney.

• TheVilleCards
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:30 PM

I just saw in my profile that my last 3 rounds are marked as Pro tier, but this isn't right.  These rounds were played with Master level winds (7-12 MPH).  Not sure why it would show as Pro when clearly my ranking is Master.  Maybe this is why it doesn't post my score as a Master score.  Still is a bug in this system that needs resolving...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:00 AM

Hi,

I think because you had already entered the tournament as a Pro, then your master score will not show up in the Master tier.

All your ranked rounds will play in the Master Tier, however for tournaments you'll have to wait till week 32 so that your scores will then be registered in the correct Master tier. I think thats how it works. Please get that confirmed.

Bye the way -  winds have nothing to do with your tier. There is no such thing as master level winds. Winds are low/ light, moderate or strong - they have nothing to do with your tier ranking.

Cheers Doug

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 3:59 AM

dorkfeatures is right. If you look into your Score History, the only non-tournament round you've played recently is at Kiawah front 9, and it is correctly logged as a Master round. If you play another non-tournament multi-player round right now (front 9 at Bethpage), it will be correctly logged as a Master round, too.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 7:19 AM

I too changed from PRO to MASTER tonight.  Shot a 31 as PRO in the PRO BPB FRONT NINE TOURNEY and when I was done... BAM ... MASTER!

Anyways...  "TheVilleCards" is speaking the truth about "MASTER" winds.  The MASTER  BPB  FRONT NINE TOURNEY layout (including the environment) is quite different than the PRO BPB  FRONT NINE TOURNEY layout.  The wind is much stronger... and  believe me... I know the PRO layout like the back of my hand.  Im sure that is what he was referring to when he had mentioned  "MASTER WINDS". 

Later...

bbeards4

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 8:05 AM

Normal 0

And now I see what he is talking about as far as our scores and place in the tournament.  Where is mine?  Where is the 31 I shot in the PRO Beth Page Black Front Nine Tournament?  Its not even listed in the MASTER Tier Tournament.  What gives???  I worked my butt off trying to get that score and now its not even going to count?  No no no.... its gunna count for sure.  Please explain and/or fix this for me.  It would be EXTREMELY deflating and totally lame to not allow my score to count.  I was a pro when I entered the tournament so it should be listed on the PRO leader board.  Technically was not a MASTER until after I signed my scorecard (hit the main menu icon and saved the game).

Thanks...

CLINT (a.k.a.  bbeards4)

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 9:20 AM

Just checked the leaderboard, for Pro tier, and your 31 is listed at the bottom of page 2 (will move to page 3 if someone else shoots better).

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:44 AM

God I'm blind!.... Thanks ... and sorry for (maybe a tad) over reacting.... he he he.  Anyways.. thanks for double checking for me friend... and not chastising me for making that error... really appreciate that.

Thanks again...

CLINT (bbeards4)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:13 AM

I have the exact same issue as TheVilleCards.  Posted a 31 as a Pro on the 9-hole Front BPB.  That round lowered my avg. and moved me up to a Master.  The wind changed from Low to Moderate in the tournament after I changed from Pro to Master so both TheVilleCards and bbeards4 are correct.

Just now, playing as a Master with the different and more difficult conditions I shot another 31.  But the score was recorded as if I was still playing as a Pro. 

I'd be tied for 18th with 30 others as a Master and "in the money".  Right now I'm in 32nd with a gazillion others as a Pro and probably "outta the money".  Not that I'm talking about big bucks or anything.

I don't expect this to be corrected by the WGT team immediately as I'm sure they have enough on their plate already.

Its a great game and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Now to go shoot a 30 and see what happens!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 2:09 PM

andyson:
    I don't expect this to be corrected by the WGT team immediately

I don't see there is anything to be corrected in your case. It's the way it's meant to be. You began taking part in that tournament as a Pro, so all your rounds in this particular tournament will be recorded as Pro, and you'll be ranked on the Pro leaderboard. It doesn't matter that in the course of that tournament, you advanced to the Master tier and are now facing more difficult playing conditions. Might be illogical, but I understand that's the way WGT tourneys are set up.

(These aren't my opinions, I'm just reproducing what I gathered from discussions in the forums. I'm sure someone will correct me if the above paragraph is inaccurate.)

• PAGES
RSS