Forums

Help › Forums

BRAIN DEAD

Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:31 AM (25 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 10:21 AM

Ok, let me get this right, there is a better ball than the legends ball and it's available to everyone.  I remember after months of complaining about the unfair advantage the legends had from the back tees that we were given the legend ball to try and make up some of the distance.  Now there is a new balls that brings back the unfair advantage, it doesn't make any sense to me, thank you WGT for trying but someone is brain dead over there.  These new callaway balls should be legend only or we all need to tee off from the same tee.  I can't remember the last time I say tiger or phil teeing off further back than someone else playing in a tournament.  And if anyone thinks I'm just blowing smoke, check out the difference in score since the new upgrade.  There was a STA front 9 ready go where 10 people shot 29 or better (Thanks a joke).

• Lauchen
    12 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 10:33 AM

Nope mate they are not braindead. They are just brilliantly clever, they want to gain a lot off money and by making the new balls availeble to everyone they will do make a lot off extra money because they are over expensive and guess what every hack wants them, believe me.I struggled a lot to become 65.13 and will quit playing this game because of the unfairnes of the game and because I do not like to put money in the hands of people who actually do ripp me of. Its legal robbery and therefor for me not acceptable.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:00 AM

I would say that isn't brilliantly clever, it's transparent capitalism at play...

Nothing wrong with that but let's not dress it up as being fair, lol....

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:16 AM

hmmm,  3 intelligent entries in a row on the forums. unblieveable.  thank you, my 2 cents.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:19 AM

tiffer67:
    let's not dress it up as being fair, lol....

It did make the game for the Legends more fair. Maybe not as much as many would like but long irons into slick greens got more manageable and that was the biggest complaint from many.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:22 AM

While it is true that everyone over level 33 can get the Callaway Touri s ball and everyone over level 35 can get the Callaway touri z ball not everyone will be able to use them. People who have trouble dinging the meter are going to have a big problem with these balls. A bad miss is much worse with these balls than any of the other balls WGT offers. Hit them right you get rewarded hit them poorly and you get in big trouble. And some even near dings will get you in trouble. And many like me might buy one sleeve to test them out but won't be able to buy more because of the higher price. @ 250 credits I could buy almost 3 sleeves of the Tour GI-S ball that I use. The one thing besides the added  distance and spin is that these balls really last. I used the first one in the sleeve 2 18 hole rounds 2 alt shot rounds and 1 or 2 9 hole rounds.And this included 4 restarts on the Oakmont virtual open.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 12:24 PM

YankeeJim:

tiffer67:
    let's not dress it up as being fair, lol....

It did make the game for the Legends more fair. Maybe not as much as many would like but long irons into slick greens got more manageable and that was the biggest complaint from many.

I assume you are talking about the new balls Jim? I fail to see how that evens things up in competition when others are teeing off forward tees?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 1:07 PM

He is hitting from the TM tee's so certainly that evens it up for legends in his mind :) Jim you are very close to legend so prepare sir for the fun :) Nothing like hitting a 3I for an approach shot so sticking it close is rare, it's all in the putting.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 1:32 PM

Not everything is fair.  In the end, its up to each player to understand what this place is about and do what's best for them.  And for all its improvements, WGT still needs to communicate better...What's the big secret?   For example: 

Players are expected to play more, play better and upgrade equipment to have any chance of advancing...yet there is no clear target for advancement. 

Nobody really knows what tees and conditions players in the other tiers play from in tournament completions...it may be obvious to some, but its not clear to me and I've been here a while. 

And as mentioned in this thread, what advantage does a Legend have, who plays from the tips and under the hardest conditions, when everyone else can buy the same equipment and now the best ball. 

And just to stir it up a little...could it be that since Legends don't spend any real money around here, why throw them a bone? (wink)

Joey 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 1:51 PM

claremoreblue:

He is hitting from the TM tee's so certainly that evens it up for legends in his mind :) Jim you are very close to legend so prepare sir for the fun :) Nothing like hitting a 3I for an approach shot so sticking it close is rare, it's all in the putting.

I didn't say even, I said more fair.  Read the comment. The big b***h about the extra distance off the tee was that it took away the wedge pacifier and turned that into a long iron. Hitting into slick greens changed games completely and the complaints were valid. This ball now gives the competent Legends (as Gold Card refers to them) a fighting chance at getting back their games.

It has nothing to do with me teeing off TM tees. I would rather play the long iron finesse game but I'm obviously not good enough to get there. I can hang, though. The last Opens proved that.  :-)

RSS