Forums

Help › Forums

cc invites

Tue, Feb 8 2011 12:12 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:19 AM

What has happened to the invite to join country club link on profiles,its been off the last two days?

Billcliff.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:08 AM

No idea, I have the same problem.

Doodles

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 3:57 AM

It's as I feared..I was in the wrong thread..yes indeed folks,something IS missing.it's the 'Invite To Country Club' button on all the player's profiles..been gone since the last wgt update as far as I can tell..glad others have noticed...

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:47 PM

Yup very strange . . . not only can you not invite players from their profile page, it appears golfers can't even request m/ship of a cc when they visit one (I could be wrong there, maybe it doesn't give me the option as I belong to one). Can anyone confirm that? I have played with a couple of people who wanted to join my cc, but I haven't been able to invite them, and I don't think they can request m/ship. I see on my cc page there is a button to invite friends, but for some reason it chooses the friends you can invite (only a handful). The 2 people who expressed an interest in joining are friends, but I don't have the option of inviting them. Go Figure!

Sort it please WGT

Cheers

Lobsterboy

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 4:31 PM

Yes Lobster it appears the 'Request Membership to CC' link has also gone missing from all the players profiles.And I've also found the option to invite friends on my cc page includes only the friends already in my CC & those who've already declined m/ship...the ones to whom I wish to send an invite are the only ones not appearing..weird or what..?

Incidentally our CC is looking to organise a tournie vs another CC,maybe we could try and get a game underway sometime when this is sorted mate... cheers, nan

• golfinut2
    66 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 5:41 PM

Just looked at my profile and the CC invite is there. It will only appear if you are not presently a CC member as far as I know. It will also not appear if you click on CC under the WGT community if you are presently a member. GG all!!!!!!!

gnut

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 12:23 AM

@golfinut2

I just clicked on to your profile (from this page/link) and the invite to join country club & the request to join are not there..only 'add as friend' & 'invite to play' options appear.Also when I click on the profiles of players that I know aren't in CC's the invite & request buttons are not on them either..strange days indeed,most peculiar mama!

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 2:01 PM

Thanks for the info nan.

The Lobsters Lair would love to have a tournament against the Southern Stars Country Club buddy. We don't have to wait till the problems sorted, we have plenty of active members who are up for a game and a laugh! Message me and we'll get something sorted! :)

Lob

• golfinut2
    66 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:20 PM

Thx Nanstar and I checked again and it is still there beside Country Club. The reason you didn't see it is it will only show the CC I am a member of if I have joined one. If I am not a member it will only show that I am not a CC member. I went to several of my friends profiles that are not CC members and theirs all say the same but does not show the join here beside it. This may be to prevent someone from sending CC request in your user name that you may not want. Thanks for the update.

gnut

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 4:23 AM
    I've got a couple friends that WANT to join my CC, but even though they aren't currently members of a club, I can't seem to find a way to invite them. At least put a "manual" window in so I can type their name or something. Even though they're in my friends list and aren't members of a club, I still can't invite. hmmmm
  • PAGES
RSS