Forums

Help › Forums

CharForum

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:01 AM (24 replies)
  • GAZBAL
    203 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 12:37 AM

Congratulations to Jeff & Matt in their 1st round win over myself and Charley, very good match best of luck for the rest of the tourney.

Gary

• 79suited
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:56 AM

I would like to put in a formal protest concerning our first round loss to team Macduff10 and Cate55.  The solid play of this team put undo pressure on me and my partner.  I was called "scoreboy", (I just so happen to be keeping the score posted), on numerous occasions by a certain party that will go unnamed at this point. But let's just say her name starts with Mac!!!! Cate55 was no help either, making clutch putt after clutch putt. This display of coolness under pressure caused me to physically shake when i had my own putt to make and therefore I missed.  The avatar used by Macduff is also distracting, I'm sure you all have seen it, it's just not fair.  So as I'm sure you can clearly see, this match was won by good play and intimidation.  Commissioner Charley I await your response!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 10:01 AM

Ah, Lady Macduff is just great! I remember how her strong opinions expressed during a randomly drawn multi-player round drove everyone away, except myself because (if I may say so) my opinions aren't, as a rule, expressed in modest terms either!  

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 11:49 AM

Ah....Eakel

Gracious in defeat, as always. And another thing....this avatar is stock issue....I told you before in real life I look like Totie Fields.

P.S. Thank you Mr. Schopenhauer (see above).

your pal despite the sour grapes,

mac

• 79suited
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 1:27 PM

LOL, Mac I said Avatar, but really meant your cat picture. Cat with cheeks blown up, too funny.

• CharFar
    7 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:59 PM

Dear Mr. 79,

I am checking my rulebook in re "good play and intimidation" to see how many infractions this entails.  It's not looking good. 

First of all, I noticed that the primary offender, who you wisely did not name, ("Mac"), cleverly changed her picture to "hide the evidence."  Fortuneately I have some memory left and can recall the picture to be ridiculously "cute."  How deceptive!  But not against the rules.

And this derisive use of the term "Scoreboy,"  while initially quite humorous (I am almost through laughing now)- is most certainly an infraction in all cases but one. Unfortuneately this appears to be that very one as the evidence seems to indicate that it was a statement of fact.  Sorry, Scoreboy.

The final and possibly most devastating point of protest is the one concerning the "good play," "solid play," and "clutch putting" of both opponents, especially the one known as "cate55". This I find truly objectionable and am prepared to deal with. Cut it out.

The Commish

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 4:41 PM

Dear Commish

"Me thinks he doth protest too much" see footnote*. 

mac

*gotta be Shakespeare, who else lisps like that.

• brockly2009
    18 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 4:15 AM

Sorry to hear about Cate & Mac,Must have been a gr8 rd,Congrats to the winners,Can`t wait for the next tourny Charley, THX,Brock

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 6:10 AM

Just want to say thank you Brockly for your condolences. My good cate had a heavy albatross around her neck for the entire match.  That said, the best team won....Neil & Jayme were unbeatable that night. Plus we all had a great time, I think.

Commish CharFar....well done to you too.

mac

• GAZBAL
    203 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 6:27 AM

well played to all who entered...Gr8 fun

RSS