Forums

Help › Forums

why is there no penalty for not finishing ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:36 AM (36 replies)
  • RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 3:04 PM

shouldn't quitting deserve a rating decrease, its very frustrating that everytime i play this game there is someone who quits

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 3:44 PM

Score rating is pretty much a useless stat nowadays because it's only used to determine your tier ranking.  There is no ranking for score, so penalizing something that's already kinda useless won't help much.  It's also a double-edged sword because if you start adding penalty points, then you've made it that much easier for the real sandbaggers (those who post rounds of +10 purposely to keep the avg UP to avoid the master tier) to do their thing.  At least now those players have to put some effort and wasted time into tanking their scores on purpose.

Right now if someone quits, it's just "oh well, that sucks".  No advantage gained and none lost because it usually won't kill the game and even if it does, you can choose to resume in single player. 

Folks have requested a separate stat to track it, WGT has said they are "looking it over".  We'll see.

• RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:30 PM

since i posted this i have had 4 persons "disconnect", the fun is gone, no reason to play this game that i can think of, what a joke this turned out to be , it is a good playing game but this disconnect *** is intolerable, maybe a company that likes golf will buy the rightsan make  something playable out of it, i hope that happens goodbye disconnectors

• RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:36 PM

lmao ok i give up how do i quit {withdraw}, i cant find it,  this game is mighty screwy it seems to be setup by folks who have no idea about golf or computer games. i don't have an option anywhere in my profile to remove myself, are we building fake statistics fr marketing or id i just mis th button ?

• RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:43 PM

btw ty Nivlac for your post it was hlpful, it was not the information i was hopeing to hear, if you could advise me how to quit i would appreciate it ?  do i just stop playing so they can keep my # for their benefit ?

• RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:54 PM

little help im in a game that i can chat with my opponent although he is shown as loading for last 6 minutes after KatherineMcPhee disconnected on us, we both submitted problem to wgt but nothing is happening

• RastusP
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 5:09 PM

ok more time spent to find the withdraw or quit option  .. i cannot find it.. if wgt reads this forum please remove my username and email from this game , i'll check in in a few months maybe some1 with knowledge of golf will buy it out as i think it could be a good game, i see a lot of potential, if the powers that be actually take an interest in the game itself

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 7:02 PM

email members@worldgolftour.com

or try WGT Ladder System for folks who complete their games.

Cheers,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 7:11 PM

You're overreacting in a massive fashion, RastusP, although your wrath is justified. I disagree with Nivlac downplaying the importance of the average score rating: it's frequently because of the potentially damaged average scores that people quit their games. I understand the sandbagging issue, but if I were asked which of the 2 evils is worse: quitters or sandbaggers, I'd definitely vote for quitters, and address that issue first.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 7:19 PM

I agree with the overreacting part.....  Geeeezzzz... Quit whining and just dont come back to the site if it upsets u that much.

RSS