Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT November event: Olympic

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 10 2015 4:08 PM (91 replies)
  • HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:07 AM

always with the bad start -- Good end tho 60/70% sand save.

note to me* coffee first if starting 8am !! LOL

good comps these :-)   THX all

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:43 AM

OleFernando:
    Corwyn:
    FYI: Stats sheet is now set up and up-to-date for Olympic tourney.

Please check for errors/omissions. Thanks!

R1 putt stats N/A they on 1st stat post page #4

TY

Thanks Ole! All fixed now.

(I suspect your last putting pic didn't load for me when I was looking at that page... I'm having some pages load really slowly. Glad you noticed!)

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 12:05 PM

Corwyn:

Oh razza... please tell me you have another picture from one of the last 4 holes.... :(

I guess thats me out of it :( .. Didn't think it would be relevant which hole we took the club screenshots from.  I guess i had this in mind lol (from much older thread when i first searched for TIO tournament)

Corwyn:

(It might be prudent to take one on the 1st fairway as well, so you've got one in reserve in case you forget later.) 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:07 PM

razza31:
    I guess thats me out of it

Guess so.....oh well, what ya gonna do.

Think I fook something up every time I enter a TIO, even after reading the rules.

screen shots this Month ;(

Andy ( brain like a sieve)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:13 PM

I'm really sorry Razza. It was a surprise to see your screenshots since you've posted ones that were fine for your other rounds.

Do you know where you found that 1st fairway quote? Of the top of my head, all I can think of is that that might have been back when TIO was partner play*. Essentially, the screenshots then were about showing the rest of the field that the right gear was used, and we had the partner present to validate the score.

With the tourneys as they're run now, the screenshot has to show a connection to the scorecard, or it could be taken on a practice or cc round with the same conditions. That's why the request to make it from the last 4 holes. I know it's still not a perfect system, but it's the best we think we can do. 

* Edit: yes, it's from the description of Tough-It-Out III, from 2 years ago, when players went out in pairs. That was before the Required Clubs programming was put in place, which paved the way for this year's series of TIO events running parallel to the VT and which operate as single-player tourneys.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also, please note, this is the last day of the TIO tournaments for this month. If you've still to play R2 at Olympic or Merion, you have about 8.5hrs left!

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 6:30 AM

Corwyn:

I'm really sorry Razza. It was a surprise to see your screenshots since you've posted ones that were fine for your other rounds.

I missed the screenshot at Merion due to what happened at 12.. Incidently took it on 12 here too. I'll try to sort the screenshots next month :) (if we have a replacement for Pebble )

• AdamK70
    433 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:25 AM

I had thought that I was getting the hang of this, but then . . . .

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 7:21 AM

Hope the Americans among us had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!

Here's the TIO @ Olympic wrap-up:

I believe I've captured all the club proof/card/stat submissions onto the Special Prizes Stats spreadsheet

Please check to make sure there are no mistakes or omissions. You have until midnight Sunday to submit any late cards/screenshots and/or correct errors on the sheets.

As it stands, I see the following prize-winners:

-----------------------

LEADERBOARD PRIZES:

A sleeve (sent by WGT) goes to each of the top 5 verified finishers on the final leaderboard (i.e. those who provided club proof for both rounds). They are: Corwyn, mmyers0fmagnetsBunkerBuzzer, OleFernando.

-----------------------

SPECIAL PRIZES:

These were the sponsored prizes (fuller report and wrap-up will follow next week). The winners are noted below and their results are shown in the Stats Spreadsheet for the tourney:

Note: these may change based on any late entries!

1) Highest overall % of GIR  (tiebreaker: Ave Distance to Pin)    SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: BunkerBuzzer with 66.5% 

2) Closest Ave. Distance to the Hole              SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: Corwyn is the front-runner with 20.7ft

8) Most 1-Putt Saves (as determined by scorecard)   SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: Corwyn & HIOSoon with 12

The late entries that could come in that might affect Stats prizes are from the following finishers: Wesdogg75, SlowMoo85, and Zayante.

If prize-winners could also please post their desired sleeve(s), that would be great. Thanks!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 10:47 AM

Nike Blacks would be great for me. Thanks again Corwyn, and well done to all the great finishing scores - getting tougher every month.

• OleFernando
    162 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 10:51 AM

Corwyn:
    A sleeve (sent by WGT) goes to each of the top 5 verified finishers

max pro+ black color balls

TY WGT

TY Corwyn

RSS