Forums

Help › Forums

GIMME PUTTS IN GROUP PLAY ??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2009 12:54 AM (4 replies)
  • nh1977
    91 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 6:10 PM

Has WGT considered gimme putts , i mean within like less say less than a 1.5 feet in group play. It would speed play up , it would have no effect on scoring average. most WGT players with any exp. do not miss putts that close. I understand for tournaments that every shot matters aand Gimmes would not be an option.

Is there someone at WGT who could look into this?

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:49 AM

Since all multi-player play is ranked, it probably wouldn't work it. Your opponent(s) would have to agree to give you the putt. If you're playing in a foursome, having all three of your partners agree to give you the putt would take longer than you knocking it in.

If the interface automatically gave you all putts within, say two feet, the game would become kind of cheapened, since every time you hit one stiff, it would automatically give it to you. That would cheapen the experience of tapping in those birdies.

And anyway, it's a virtual golf tour, and we're playing on the toughest courses on the world. Putt 'em out in my opinion.

-Dylan

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:03 PM

Either Way, I've played people who've missed putts I would have given them. It would boost peoples score who don't deserve it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 11:07 PM

Use the Search Feature.. been asked before and NOT being considered by WGT at this time.

Have a nice day.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 12:54 AM

Hey Snaike,

Your pens gonna run out of ink on this issue LOL.

Keep going we'll beat em.

Cheers Doug

PS Must have a round sometime :-)

RSS