Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:49 AM (29 replies)
  • kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 8:46 PM

Bethpage Black Front 9 hole # 6 329 yards

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:51 PM

WoW!!!!!   Very Nice! Congrats!! Can anybody top that??

• groggynoggin
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 12:37 AM

Iconian..... I agree with you 100%

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• dscroggs4
    113 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 8:07 AM

i've never been so disappointed you hit master and the game is completely not fun anymore everything is rediculously hard i shot an avg of 66 as a pro i go to master and i'm shooting 78+ it's just not fun @ all but looksl ike this game is stuck in beta mode for life anyways so guess nothing will improve oh well GG WGT epic FAIL

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 8:39 AM

Just a couple things to keep in mind...

1. Exclusively playing 9 hole rounds will get most players bumped up the tiers before they are ready to compete in said tier.  WGT's takes your 9 hole score and doubles it.  So if you were 5 under  for a 9 hole round, they record it as if you were 10 under for 18 holes.  I do not agree with this method for scoring average, but the fact remains you are sure to progress quicker than someone who solely plays 18 hole rounds.  Add into the equation WGT is using the best 10 of your last 14 rounds and weighting the scores based on the most recent round.  String together 3 or 4 solid rounds together and you will get bumped up the tiers quickly.

2.  If you do not want to be bumped to the next tier before you are ready, record all of your rounds!  If you are only posting your best scores your average will be falsely low and place you in a tier that you have little to no chance to compete in.  Recording all of your rounds in cluding the bad ones will minimize the chance of you being bumped into a tier that you are not ready for.

• dscroggs4
    113 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:50 AM

i record every round has nothing to do with it....but hey nice comment you had i play 9 holes b/c that's only multiplayer available obv..... and shooting 31/32 is no prob but when you get jumped back 40 yards...and every single shot...has to be hit perfect or the error is amplified it's just silly what they need is MASTER clubs that carry 270 ish.....and irons that hit 220 then the game would be fine but as is sucks @ master bad not even enjoyable

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 1:46 PM

Easy there big guy, I wasn't referring specifically to you.  I was referring to the WGT community at large, which is why I never mentioned you or anyone else in specific.  In fact, that is why I phrased the first sentence the way I did. 

"Exclusively playing 9 hole rounds will get most players bumped up the tiers before they are ready to compete in said tier. "

As for your comment about only 9 hole multi play, I undertsand completely. ( I, too am anxious to play full 18 hole multi play)   But you do have several other options of play, 18 hole tourneys, 18 hole ranked single play, 9 hole tourneys, etc.  I am simply saying that most players will be promoted through the tiers much faster playing only 9 hole rounds due to the way the scoring averages are calculated.  I hope you would agree that the assumption that just because you shot a -5 on the front would mean you would shoot a -5 on the back. 

As for your other comment

and shooting 31/32 is no prob but when you get jumped back 40 yards...and every single shot...has to be hit perfect or the error is amplified it's just silly what they need is MASTER clubs that carry 270 ish.....and irons that hit 220 then the game would be fine but as is sucks @ master bad not even enjoyable

Give it time, and continue to practice.  If you didn't quit any rounds and made it to the master level in 8 days clearly you have the skills.  It takes time to relearn the course with the added distance but  30, 31, 32 are very doable scores, just look at the weekly unlimited play 9 hole leaderboards.  Adding distance to the clubs will only make it that much easier for more people to shoot those low numbers and allow the best to go even lower.

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 2:39 PM

responding to the original post-

perhaps one would be more satisified playing in practice mode from the reds with low wind. two eighteen hole choices there. not actually a dig against the poster but i often go and play a round like that just to relax and give myself a different way to play and take a break from "master" conditions

and maybe WGT would eventually set it up so the host of a game could set course, tee boxes and conditions. i think it would be fun to play multi from the short tees and see how low one can go. rounds that are played outside of ones rank just wouldn't score into their averages it would be just for fun and bragging rights.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:36 AM
    I agree with the truth67 about this, but are you sure 9 hole tourneys are ranked as equal as 18 holes? I mean they have to figure your average out based on 18 holes so when you shoot a good round of nine they have to figure out what your average would be based on 18 holes. But basically I agree with the practice practice practice. It is february 4 2010 and earlier this week I played the start of the "Pro premium multi round tourney and scored a 65 which lowered my average from almost 67 to just over 66....... But to get that score I went to the select course and practiced on 3 random holes under the pro conditions with the same green speed and the same wind...... That was Monday the first. On Tuesday I went and played the unlimited 9 hole tourney on the back nine of Kiawah again after practicing and I scored a 30, which after averaged into my score brought me down under 66 and elevated me to the Master Tier. But practice practice practice. This isn't TWG as everyone says. TWG is designed to make you "play like the best in the world" whether on computer or on a game console system. I mean where else can a hack beginner go and win almost every tournament during a season? WGT knows that golf isn't that easy, even for MR. Zebra cheating on his wife Woods and has given us a challenge. Well I have never played golf in real life..... The only times I tried I can't get the ball to go more than ten feet off the ground. Someone told me the swing is basically like swinging a baseball bat but with a different grip and obviously a more stationary stance. But I bet I could get better if I practiced. Same thing here. Practice and practice some more and practice again until you feel sure you can hit near the sweet spot. Practice more on hitting the greens with your approach shot. Practice more trying to get your approach closer to the hole. Practice reading the greens better so you take fewer putts. In essense this is almost like real golf. If you don't practice and improve your skills you don't get better no matter what tier you are playing on.
  • Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:46 PM

kevinmosley:

Bethpage Black Front 9 hole # 6 329 yards

338 yards on the same hole, check my stats!!!

RSS