Forums

Help › Forums

YESS !!!! I AM A MASTER.....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:49 AM (29 replies)
  • FigJam0770
    220 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 4:19 PM

and so far all I have gotten for that title is longer holes with the same clubs hitting the same distances.  Think I will pass.  Game is now no longer enjoyable.  Hope there is a plan in place to fix this.  The "Beta" version of this has been running for almost 2 yrs now. 

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:24 PM

i dont follow you? u beat the game on short course, scored lower enough to get to more advanced distances and u come here to cry about it?

if u really cared about being a hack, u'd record a 60 once in a while to keep your avg low and play the easiest course.

if this isn't fun for you, then i have nothing else to say to do

have a great day!

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:50 PM

Well cry about being given a better challenge man.  So what you have longer tee shots....  you have to think about where to place your shots....  you have to make better, longer shots than before.  In essense the course has changed and they are seeing if you are really a master....  Can you adjust?  Can you learn the nuances of the Master Tees?  I mean cheer up dude...  I'm stuck on pro averaging just around a 69 and I'd just once love to be a master.....  heck win a tournament...  but i still enjoy the game....  and I'll enjoy the challenge when and if I get to be a master too

• bignich
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 6:29 PM

does anyone know what actually determines when you move up in divisions? I noticed FIgJam is only averaging a bit over 67. I just started a couple weeks ago and still just getting hang of this game and am already a pro averaging a bit over 68. Does that mean I'm getting ready to move up? That would kinda suck since I'm getting crushed in pro tounaments.

Actually I just remembered, the guy leading the weekly 18 hole tourny is averaging 64!! How could FigJam be a master averaging 67 and another guy still be pro averaging 64? That is definately some kind of glich or something right?

• bignich
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 6:37 PM

my bad...that guy averages 68. Still it does seem by looking at his scores, he's not doing much better than me and I'm still shanking it everywhere. If I could hit the middle of that meter everytime, or at least when I miss it, it not be so far off, I wouldnt mind being a master, but until I can get some more consistency and maybe even win something in some tournament, I don't know why someone would get moved up. Is there some scale or something somewhere that shows how/when you get moved up...if there is, I'm just a duma#@ and my bad. lol

• bbalder
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 6:55 PM

It's just like real golf. If you play (earn) the back tees, the game gets harder. Since the game gets harder, you get better. Your handicap will go up for a while then will slowly come back down. We'll that is, unless this virtual game is like your real game, whereas it will only go up with your age. :)

• FigJam0770
    220 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 8:31 PM

Ok folks....in referring to your "It's like real golf" theory that the better you get, the more of a challenge yo should welcome......and I get that.  But, in your theory....as I get better.....I should be able to backspin the ball better....become more accurate......hit it a little longer than before......god forbid I want to work the ball with a little fade or draw.  THOSE are the things I was referring to.   Is it a free game?  Essentially...yes.  If you want to be competetive, you have to buy the clubs.  At that point, it stops being a free game.  And as a paying customer, I would like to see some game design improvement....pure and simple.  After almost 2 yrs...there isnt anything BETA about this game folks. 

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 5:47 AM

And for the record, Open Beta started on October 2nd... LAST year!  By my calculation that's less than 10 months... not 2 years.

• FigJam0770
    220 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 5:57 AM

I stand corrected.   And I still stand by what I posted earlier.  Lets split a few more hairs while we are at it  Lee.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 1:09 PM

I am sorry, but I have to reiterate something that was said during the Open last june when everybody and their dog was complaining about the distances:

If you aren't enjoying yourself, you don't have to play.  I am certain there are other things that you do with your time.

Now, I see elsewhere that the OP has put together some constructive criticism / product suggestions that, for the most part, are grand ideas and should make the game better.  (Others not so much, but I will reserve my response to that thread.)

Getting moved to Master is about "mastering" the course.  As with the Open, you actually have to play golf. You have to pick and choose your shots, execute them properly, and / or deal with the consequences if you don't.  You don't just bomb the green and hope for a lucky putt to make birdie.

RSS