Forums

Help › Forums

Can't equip bag with irons

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 23 2009 3:54 PM (6 replies)
  • NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:14 PM

I can't equip my bag with ping g-10 irons (3-PW).  The PW box does not get filled-in (it shows a exclamation mark there) and the only option is to cancel out.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:39 PM

Hi nasagolfer, we see that you have the irons in your inventory. Please try again and let us know if it still doesn't work. Thanks

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:59 PM

That's not a bug, it's a feature!!!  (for the rest of us, that is!)

You're not allowed to play with irons from now on, since you won The Open....  it's driver, 3-wood, hybrid, and putter... well, since you can have 14 clubs, they will give you 10 putters.

But no irons for you!!

(/wink)

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 5:24 PM

WGTalex,

Still no luck.  I click on the PING iron set 3-PW and move it to my bag and all irons but the PW go into my bag. 

The square allocated for the PW is left with an exclamation mark and the "save changes" button is grayed out (not active).  So there there seems to be some problem with that PING PW.  It's not critical as I still have the Tour Starters.

Snaike,

I've read the reviews on the ping irons and maybe they will be too fast a tempo for me but I'll give 'em a try.

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 5:54 PM

Success!!

Here's what I had to do...

Step 1

Go to the irons page 1 of 4 (shows the Ping G-10 Irons 3-PW); click and drag these into my bag;

3 thru 9 go into the bag (still no PW... had the exclamation point where the PW should have been)

Step 2

Go to the irons page 4 of 4 (also shows the Ping G-10 irons 3-PW); click and drag into my bag;

this time only the PW went into the bag

I now have the complete Ping G-10 iron set by doing the above two steps

Saved my changes and everything looks good.

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 9:24 AM

I'm still not sure what set of irons I have.  If I go to " my profile / equipment " two sets of irons show up.  The PING G-10's in steel and the PING G-10's in graphite.

• WGTCinder
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 3:54 PM

Hi NASAgolfer,

We found the problem.  You are now equipped with a complete set of PING G-10 Steel clubs.  Enjoy.  Let us know if you have any further issues.

-WGTCinder

RSS