Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay: Oct2015

Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:08 AM (315 replies)
  • duffputt
    314 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 12:59 PM

Columbusstorm/Mmyers v. Joemaverick/duffputt ends All square.

Didnt have the opportunity to collect stats at the end, they werent there. Hope Joe have them.

It was a rather even match with US having the upper hand for a long time. 2 up several times. Square after 11.

ROW 1 down after 15.

Super second by Joe on 16 to win and an evil trip to the bunker for US on 17 that gave a bogey.

ROW 1 up playing 18. US produces a super second to 7 feet and an eagle uppers ROW's safe birdie.

A very fair result.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 1:19 PM

A great match ended All Square

For the long version look for JoeMaverick's twitch recording

#1 mmyers0 pitches in for bird from 10yds - USA up 1

#2 ColumbusStorm misses 6.2ft bird - USA up 1

#3 both make short bird putts - USA up 1

#4 neither team on in 2, mmyers makes bird from 2.5ft - USA up 2

#5 JoeM makes 14ft bird putt, mmyers misses from 8.7ft - USA up 1

#6 both par

#7 mmyers makes 4.1ft bird putt - USA up 2

#8 JoeM makes 10ft bird putt - USA up 1

#9 CS makes 3.3ft bird putt - USA up 2

#10 duffputt makes 13ft bird putt - USA up 1

#11 CS misses 6.3ft par putt - AS

#12 both bird with 2 putts from back tier - AS

#13 both par

#14 duffputt misses 8.1ft bird putt - AS

#15 CS makes 8ft bird putt - USA up 1

#16 duffputt makes 4ft bird putt - AS

#17 ROW 2 putt par, USA can not get up down out of bunker - ROW up 1

#18 CS makes 7ft eagle putt - AS

The match took us 2 tries to get off the 1st tee, but everything ran smoothly after that, even going to the extra hole, however no one could concede on the extra hole. Concede option was not available then. Since ROW was in the extra hole 1st, I missed my par putt to terminate the match.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 2:27 PM

Sounds like a really exciting game. Congrats to all four of you, and to the Teutonic Two on their win this morning. Commiserations to Rock and Jeremy (but thanks again Jeremy for stepping in at such short notice).

Great to see the Foursomes series off to such a strong start.

With Team ROW picking up 1.5 pts from today's matches, the overall score in the event now stands at:

Team USA 3 :: Team ROW 5

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2015 1:39 AM

ColumbusStorm:

A great match ended All Square

That is a lot of birdies

• Saurabh08
    184 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2015 3:22 AM

Corwyn:

MATCH A ::  Wesdogg75 & fredsf              vs        KonradOse & Saurabh08

is PROPOSED for Saturday 10/31 at 4:30pm UTC (9:30am WGT time)
    [awaiting confirmation from Saurabh, Wes & Fred]
    [Fred's 9:30am; Wes' 11:30am; Konrad's 5:30pm; Saurabh's 9:30pm]

Here is the spreadsheet itself.

4:30 PM UTC on Saturday 31st is good for me

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:30 AM

Three shots I'd like to have back from our foursome match:

1) Tee shot on #17 for obvious reasons. I somehow forgot the false right edge of the green and I was trying to put it into birdie range so we would have a chance to go dormie. Instead the opposite happened.

2) Approach on #10. I'm often in the 12-18 foot range short of the hole, so I've taken to adding a few yards to my numbers. That time, for whatever reason, I didn't, and it made the putt just that much harder.

3) Birdie putt on #5. Less than 9 feet and not all that difficult, but it was my first putt of the round and I just simply misread it. If we make our short birdies on 2 and 5, we're 4up through 5 (at 5 under par) and ROW is definitely on the ropes.

My putt from the back fringe on #11 deserves honorable mention for leaving a very difficult 6-footer for par, but I think I would hit the same putt if I tried it again. That slope is so slippery most of the time.

Oh well, on to singles.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 11:01 AM

mmyers0:
    1) Tee shot on #17 for obvious reasons. I somehow forgot the false right edge of the green and I was trying to put it into birdie range so we would have a chance to go dormie. Instead the opposite happened.

Exactly as in the fourball, Mikkel and me took the lead after #17. I'd made a very bad TS, but I was so afraid by the bunker with that left-to-right that I'd hit very early. And the first reaction of Mikkel was: "you're on P!" 

mmyers0:
    2) Approach on #10. I'm often in the 12-18 foot range short of the hole, so I've taken to adding a few yards to my numbers. That time, for whatever reason, I didn't, and it made the putt just that much harder.

I was short too but Mikkel has made a very good putt for birdie.

mmyers0:
    3) Birdie putt on #5. Less than 9 feet and not all that difficult, but it was my first putt of the round and I just simply misread it. If we make our short birdies on 2 and 5, we're 4up through 5 (at 5 under par) and ROW is definitely on the ropes.

To be right you would have been 3 UP because I've made the putt on #5 just before you. Maybe that good putt put a little bit of pressure on you :p

But clearly the putt missed on #2 gave us some air. And just behind you landed your TS on #3 inside 5f! I'd felt a lot of pressure before my TS, I was not allowed to miss it.

I can confirm you that Mikkel and me were very happy with AS as result, even if we were dormie before the last hole. Russ and you have played very well ;)

Joe

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 1:39 PM

fredsf:

Corwyn:

MATCH A ::  Wesdogg75 & fredsf              vs        KonradOse & Saurabh08

is PROPOSED for Saturday 10/31 at 4:30pm UTC (9:30am WGT time)
    [awaiting confirmation from Saurabh, Wes & Fred]
    [Fred's 9:30am; Wes' 11:30am; Konrad's 5:30pm; Saurabh's 9:30pm]

1st, the time mentioned above will work for me.

This time works for me as well

Wes

• jaycen129
    193 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:29 PM

Just want to confirm our match for Thursday 29th.

Jaycen

• rfpoul
    1,114 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 3:23 AM

time works for me..

Remi

RSS