Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT September event: Chambers Bay

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:25 AM (110 replies)
  • thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 2:31 PM

in with an 82 but well happy with my play more the putting length and speed on most holes satisfactory it is all for fun anyway

roll on round 2 thanks again corwyn for all your efforts much appreciated and the sponsors thanks

cheers     mark.

• palmernick
    8 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 4:18 PM

How do you paste bmp images in here?  FWIW I took those screenshots before the last putt but I can't figure out how to post them.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 7:52 PM

get an account on this site

imgur.com

upload all your images to your account (might want to make these private, just saying)

paste this link using  the 'flimstrip'  straight       ^     above that caret. * (you will see it once you want to post on WGT)

use 450 and 330 for the width , height respectively. 

your done...

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:03 PM

palmernick:

How do you paste bmp images in here?  FWIW I took those screenshots before the last putt but I can't figure out how to post them.

Use this site to upload pics: screenshots

Think there is a guide on first page on how to do it. It's easy enough.

• DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 12:25 AM

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 1:05 AM

Best shot in round after driving in the bunker replay.aspx?ID=c18c78db cca4 400a abb5 a5120075a6c8

Another bug wgt ? green speed says standard on replay.

Hands raw with all the "scrambling" ;-p

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 5:14 AM

Seems I missed a lot yesterday, and didn't expect such a furor over my post. Thank you Jay, Mags, ColumbusStorm and Fluffy for your posts, which have given me a lot to reflect on.

I was in a difficult spot: clearly Fluffy's screenshot proof was not correct, but I, as organizer, had extra knowledge that meant it didn't seem right to DQ her: exactly as Mags described, I'd seen her profile page at a time that I was sure was close enough to when the round appeared on the leaderboard, and when her post appeared in the thread that I thought it beyond doubt that the same correct clubs had been used.

fmagnets:
    The whole point of the screenshots is so that our organiser can know that the correct clubs were in the bag. ... You cannot DQ someone for possibly having a non-starter 3H in the bag when you know they did have the correct club in the bag.

However, I now realize that this was privileged information. I only had the opportunity to see her profile because her name happened to show on my Friend List (and Jay, I should point out that Fluffy is one of many, many 'Friends' on my list that I've never played a game with, or had anything other than the most peripheral connection to, other than accepting the Invite in the first place - I get a lot of invites from players interested in TIO or UEL that I never hear from again, so I hope you don't really believe this is 'crony-ism').

I wouldn't have had the means to check another potential competitor's profile page in the same way, so thus it's not fair on the field as a whole to bring in that evidence.

ColumbusStorm is right: it needs to be 

ColumbusStorm:
    same proof for everyone, no exceptions.

and, furthermore, the proof needs to be publicly available... transparent to everyone, not just the organizer.

FluffyGreens:
    Thank you very much Corwyn, but

Seeing the uproar, I'll forgo any prize I might have won this month. Like I said last month, it is more the fun of testing myself against the top TL & Champions.

As long as the organisers know the score is legitimate, that's enough for me. -_-

Sara x

Sara,

Thanks for your post. It really helps me to know of your acceptance and reaction to the 'uproar'. I am now reversing my earlier decision, and will not include yours amongst the validated scores, not because I have any doubt as to its legitimacy, but because I need to be fair to all participants.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 6:16 AM

HIOSoon:
    Another bug wgt ? green speed says standard on replay.

Hands raw with all the "scrambling" ;-p

Super round, HIO! And that's a fantastic shot on #7.

Yes, that bug on green speed with replays has been there for quite a while... part of a long list!

-------------------------------------------

fmagnets:
    Stats from 43m04s, and clubs shown on return to the game client at the end of the vid

Thanks Mags. Very helpful to include time reference for video proof.

BunkerBuzzer:
    Rallied for a good finish ;p

BB: note that it's better if possible in events like this to take your clubshots on 18th green instead of the tee. That way proves UEL and green conditions.

Gregorman1:
    nm.  you answer sort of.  Wasn't aware you could somehow cheat when it doesn't let you play without the right clubs but I guess glitches canhappen

Sounds like you did read the long post at the bottom of page 1 (Future of TIO) ... 

Glitches can certainly happen: in this case, it's more bad programming that has created the Restricted-Club flaws.

The reason I only "answer sort of" is that I don't want to spell out exactly how the tourney rules can be abused!

lisalovesthesun - entry OK

philphan25:
    Here's an imgur album link of the screens. I shall never speak of this round again.

Sorry philphan, but your hover greenshot doesn't show 3H at all, just the 3W :(

xxxhogheadxxx:
    My first time playing and posting for this.  Hope all is correct.

I'm afraid not… Replay shots don't help us, and the other screenshot you provided just shows one club the 3W (no way to see 3H, SW or LW). Sadly, I can't accept this as proof of the clubs in question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: I've created the Stats Spreadsheet for this tourney and examined every post so far in the thread. I count 4 players who have made posts with and 4 players without acceptable club proof.

After 54 hrs play in the tourney, we're at 196 posted R1 scores (with LB page4 spanning 97-143)

Also, I'm going to throw in a sleeve prize for each of the following:

1) Highest overall percentage of Greens in Regulation   SPONSORED: Corwyn

2) Closest Ave. Distance to the Hole        SPONSORED: Corwyn

And a belated thanks to fmagnets for sponsoring the Most Birdies Award for which lisalovesthesun and HIOsoon are the current front-runners with 4 each.

Any other prize sponsors would be most welcome!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 1:40 PM

Corwyn:
    3) Greatest overall total distance made putts.

Stick me down for #3 C.

Andy

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 1:47 PM

Just wanted to show I was capable of posting a picture. :-)  No reason to post any other stats as they are all rather mediocre.

Corwyn, if nobody has donated a sleeve for total length of putts made I would like to do that now.  (or else a sleeve for another prize worthy stat of your choosing)

Dave

RSS