Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT September event: Chambers Bay

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:25 AM (110 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:18 AM

More of the usual. Nearly respectable but couldn't make any putts. Stats from 43m04s, and clubs shown on return to the game client at the end of the vid.

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:42 AM

nasty lippstick on last   -_-

x

x

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 6:51 PM

FluffyGreens:
    nasty lippstick on last   -_-

Not sure what "lippstick" means ... ?

But I must point out Sara, that your Greenshot screenshot, with the Bag Hover, isn't exactly what's been asked for. You've got the D (Driver) selected as the club in hand, instead of the 3H. So, although you meet the necessary proof of the 3W by hovering over that to show its distance rating, there's nothing showing the 3H.

Note: there's no need to display Driver at all. No-one can enter these tourneys without the correct Starter Driver.

See opening page example for exactly what should be shown in a single greenshot Hover screenshot. (post here)

Sara, you're such a strong player with these sticks that you're a lock to win at least one sleeve every time if you can get the club proof right, but this is two months in a row with a similar problem... aarghh!

However, you're in luck... When I logged in to see scores this morning, you showed as Red Busy just before I headed out for school drop-off, and I checked your profile to see that you had all the correct gear (having remembered a snafu last month). 

Since you posted your screenshots close to that time, I'm going to validate the round as legitimate in this instance (but only because I was able to verify it myself).

Obviously, I don't want to find myself checking other players' profiles in order to help them avoid being ineligible for prizes, so please, please everyone ... try and get it right, or if you know you haven't, then cop to that and don't put me in the position of having to disqualify you. To borrow a lovely phrase from the great game of cricket, in that case 'tis better not to trouble the scorer!

• jeffacer62
    122 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 11:30 PM

got off to a crap start and found it hard to recover. Got all the shots but only 1 stat shot. How do you paste them here ?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 5:56 AM

Hi Jeff,

This, from the opening page, 3rd post:

Corwyn:
    And, here's my own How-To video on Posting Screenshots to the Forum thread: https://youtu.be/PWC9zotwl2w

My recommended free hosting service is: http://postimage.org/ -- free, and no signup required) which will provide you with a 'direct link' which you paste in after clicking the 'Insert Media' button above. Please note though that images must be under 1MB in size to get the Direct Link to appear.

Note: there's probably an answer to most questions to do with the tourney on the first page (that's why it's so darn long, lol!), so please check the first posts. Thanks!
  • BunkerBuzzer
    269 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 8:00 AM

made to pay for some massive iron ding misses on b9

Rallied for a good finish ;p

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 8:22 AM

Corwyn:
    Since you posted your screenshots close to that time, I'm going to validate the round as legitimate in this instance

That's not cool at all Corwyn. Every month, it's the same thing with the same players. It's not rocket science to get it right.

But, it's your decision, so that's the way it is. Glad I haven't wasted my time playing what is a really cool tourney every month.

Maybe next month the rules will be read by all entrants (some may need to read them several times) and the rules will be enforced, as have been in the past, and I can give it a go.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 8:48 AM

jayw4862:

Corwyn:
    Since you posted your screenshots close to that time, I'm going to validate the round as legitimate in this instance

That's not cool at all Corwyn. Every month, it's the same thing with the same players. It's not rocket science to get it right.

I agree, same proof for everyone, no exceptions.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 8:54 AM

jayw4862:

That's not cool at all Corwyn. 

It's perfectly cool J. The whole point of the screenshots is so that our organiser can know that the correct clubs were in the bag. Fluffy messed this up yet again, and so would have been DQed. But luckily for her, Corwyn saw the correct clubs in the bag while the round was being played. You cannot DQ someone for possibly having a non-starter 3H in the bag when you know they did have the correct club in the bag.

Now get out there and play your first round, for goodness sake!!!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:13 AM

Corwyn:

showed as Red Busy just before I headed out for school drop-off, and I checked your profile to see that you had all the correct gear (having remembered a snafu last month). 

Since you posted your screenshots close to that time

Corwyn is only guessing that he checked the profile during the round.

And so what if he did, rules are rules. If there are exceptions, then those are to be specified in the rules.

RSS