Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links

Thu, Dec 6 2018 9:19 AM (58 replies)
  • KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 8:43 AM

bubbsboy:

Some on here advertise activity, when looking at their play history comps you see a dozen or joining in. Not with us, this is just one event where 80 took part. This was same result for the other 5 Statto rounds and all our other comps.

here

Cheers

Bubbs

The best part is that 80 is not all that uncommon.

It is typical to see 30 to 50 participants in any single event.

it is the norm and not the exception.

part of why I LOVE this CC. you are not alone and lots of great folks.

• poppagolf
    55 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:57 AM

SEL CC IS BY FAR THE MOST ACTIVE AND COMPETITIVE CC AROUND,IF YOU LIKE TOUGH COMPETITION IN LOTS OF GOOD TOURNIES THEN COME AND PLAY WITH US ITS GREAT 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2015 3:58 AM

Please see original advert from owner to see how much work goes into this club.

We keep numbers around 120 with activity, so if you wish to join club then message me or simply sign up for SEL website and WGT invite will follow.

Again, no hurry just to increase nunbers for the sake of it, only active members please. No hassle to play all comps, oner per week will do if thats all you wish.

All main comps are default tees, no red tees here.

Bubbs

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2016 3:21 AM

If you would like to apply to a well functioned friendly cc then apply via our website on first page of this advert then WGT follows.

Or friend me and I will send you info and application. 

You must not be in a CC as we don't poach and we don't just send out random invites or plaster folks walls. We just don't think that's fair. All done through personal messages.

Have a good year

Bubbs

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2016 3:19 PM

New season just starting folks, we have an awful lot to keep you busy if interested.

Very active friendly bunch, you wont be promised over 100 members and find only handful joining in here.

30 plus strong inter cc team also if that takes your fancy.

Bubbs

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2016 10:14 AM

A week ago i bumped our advert advising new 3 week league season was about to begin and also our 3 month Winter Order of Merit. They have just started so not too late to come and take part. 

Some folks ask for member activity proof before joining a club, then heres a couple of this weeks league games.

Example

And another

Just two examples of over 80 taking part in our 4 division leagues (plus theres a feeder leauge for newcomers). Plus lots of fun low credit tournies, including a low credit league with sponsors that will last the whole year, organised fantastically by one of clubs Directors (not me, as i do enough lol)

Bubbs

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2016 3:32 AM

Couple of changes to our owners 1st page message.

We are level 16 now so for a while we have had 20 slots utilised for club comps, of course you dont have to play them all, but it gives members more choice to pick and choose if wish.

We also run some small credit entry comps, 10, 20 or 40 creds just for fun and these "premium" comps are split into 2 tiers, and go toward a year long league ran by a Director of ours.

The good news with that aforementioned league is that we have sponsors for a lot of the weeks, and a big prize to be awarded to winners at the end, and thats for Ls and above and TMs and below, so all have a chance of winning

Bubbs

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2016 12:49 PM

We have just restructured our points system for our new Winter Order of Merit and also our rolling SEL Rankings, and had a little swap around in owner and directors. Plenty to play at your leisure in this great established club. No pressure to play everything and we do not ask members to buy passes, quite the opposite.

"use your free one but dont buy extra, use it for balls or toward equipment"

We dont ask folk to play in clashes, but we have a 30 + inter cc team and our "A" team has just won Paulfinns xmas challenge.  We are always asking for more members to join in proper fun against other clubs.

Please contact me directly or apply to our website, once your registration accepted then WGT style invite follows asap.

Bubbs

• jb6000
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 3:00 AM

bump

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2016 5:51 AM

The 6 month competition closed just last week and SEL A defended the trophy by winning again. It was a great comp set by Paulfinn and hats off to him for that.

Our new Inter cc season is starting any day now with a friendly against Wooden Tee CC, and we have friendlies ongoing throughout the year ran by our hard working Director Nicozandberg. Plus we enter any organised tournaments that come about.

So if you want to add your name to our 30 + strong team as well as taking part in our very well organised club events, then apply to our website, or pm me direct

Bubbs

RSS