Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC #7 is here!! (Country Club Clash)

Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:35 PM (98 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:34 PM

genegold2:
    What is the difference in the Clash events and just playing this online golf game?

For a start, you need to pay for the passes to play a clash, unless you can use the couple of free passes you get per day.

I agree, WGT is about making money, after all it is a business not a charity. But the fact is a higher turnout by a well thought out CC Clash would reap the benefits by higher ball usage.

The way these clashes are designed, a lot of players will not bother playing as it is still primarily on participation, not quality. It is not equitable for smaller clubs to compete against large clubs, and players with greater disposable credits have an immediate advantage.

Players have voiced these concerns since #1, and whilst tweaks have been made, players who believe it must be played on a level playing field and with skill as the overarching theme, will not bother playing.

We will never get official figures on the rounds played, but the very first clash would have been high. I would say the latest edition was significantly lower. It is not rocket science.....a lemon is a lemon regardless how you sugar coat it.

Whilst I have no issues with players playing, WGT has lost the opportunity to increase ball sales by insisting on CC Pass requirements to play. Yes the are only 17cr, but out of principle I would not buy one now - there is no reward for the CC, nor the player.

One of the best things that could have come out of the first clash (I played one game back in #1, then saw I needed to buy a pass to play again, I saw it as another money grab) was the stableford scoring - well I see WGT has dragged it's heels in releasing this for CC Tournaments, and as usual it is up to CC's to do this manually.

Perhaps I will go to hell for bashing these clashes, but I would rather try and be constructive than being subservient with no ideas of how to suggest improvements....a little like the ideas team at WGT.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 2:12 PM

Nice post Al, but I think ur pi$$ing in the wind with any hope for these clashes.

What I would like to see is Pink Callaways, and the ability to see each others dots in multi player games, just as one can do in real golf, u can see exactly what the other player is doing.

Why not here ?   It would add so much more fun to games.

1i

Edit*  Give me pink callys and I'll buy ur pink bag !

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:02 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    Edit*  Give me pink callys and I'll buy ur pink bag !

I might get on board with that 1i, but, only if they brought back the Hex Chromes an' not the crap they're trying to pass off now ( Softs).

Doc :)

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:08 PM

I heard the yellow Softs are o.k., or is it the Vapors?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:10 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    Give me pink callys and I'll buy ur pink bag !

Yea, WGT,  some Pink Callys would find their way into my bag just to show support.  Right along with the volt yellow Nikes btw.  ;-)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:11 PM

alanti:

genegold2:
    What is the difference in the Clash events and just playing this online golf game?

For a start, you need to pay for the passes to play a clash, unless you can use the couple of free passes you get per day.

During Clashes you get a free pass every 4 hours. I didn't buy any extra passes and used free balls but still got some fun out of it. If they only gave points to birdies and eagles and limited the qualifying scores to the best 50 or 25 scores in each club then this would be half way to a reasonable competition.

RSS