Forums

Help › Forums

No More a Master...

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 28 2011 5:08 PM (5 replies)
  • johncarlon51
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 6:15 AM

I was happy to achieve Masters level a couple weeks ago....but now realize I am going in reverse...haha...longer tees and waiting to get to a level with better clubs is sending my average score to new heights unheard of since I was a hack.  Just finished week 2 18 hole single play at +9 and saw the leader was at like -12 or something ridiculous like that.  I know eventually I will get better after getting a driver that can actually go 270 or so...but just interesting that a new challenge awaits with each increasing level...keeps my interest if nothing else...back to the practice rounds ...haha 

• don2oo
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 9:05 AM

I understand what you mean John.  I have had to buy all new clubs since I move up and it sucks.  Does anyone know how I can move back down?

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 7:23 PM

johncarlon51:

...back to the practice rounds

Set up the game to your liking and enjoy!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 7:41 PM

don2oo:

I understand what you mean John.  I have had to buy all new clubs since I move up and it sucks.  Does anyone know how I can move back down?

There is no way to move down.   Practice and learn the new game.

Cheers,

b0gey

• don2oo
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 5:14 AM

I haven't played much for a couple of months and am amazed atht the low scores that some players are getting on the most difficult courses.  Low fifties on Oakmont, Congressional and Bethpage.  Almost no one can compete with that.  I am going to stop playing in tournaments since I can't compete with those kind of scores.  It would be nice for those players to share with others how they are able to shoot 20 strokes below par on the toughest courses in the US.

I quit.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 5:08 PM

After a while you will get used to the new tier and soon the game will be just as it was b4.

New clubs do help 

GL

RSS