Help › Forums

Rapture V2 Set Bugs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:08 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 5:44 PM

I've been experiencing some enormous deviations with these clubs, far more than with any other set.  1 pixel mishits are going as much as 15 yards off the aim point, which is nearly double what the deviations were for the Tour Starter Set.  This happens with both the irons and the fariway woods.  The Rapture V2 set has more forgiveness and precision than the Tour Starters, so this near doubling of deviation rate has to be some programming flaw.  Please check out the data and adjust accordingly, because this cannot be within the intended parameters of the clubs.  I understand that extra distance can sometimes lead to larger deviations, but were only talking about a 5 yard increase from the Tour Starter set.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:49 PM

Played few games with these and I cannot comment on big deviations just yet. The only issues I been having are on #8... it would deviate like crazy...move oposite ways, etc

Its crazy!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:35 PM

This problem seems to have worsened over the last 24 hours.  3 full 18 hole rounds played, and not 1 shot with these clubs went within 4 yards of the aim point, including another enormous deviation on hole 17 BPB, wind blowing 7mph right to left, 1 pixel miss to the right resulting in a shot pin high 15 yards to the right.   I went back and used the Tour Starter set for another round and did not have that problem.  The Rapture set is supposed to be an upgrade guys, so you really need to find and fix the problem here, because this set of clubs is seriously out of whack with how they are being advertised and rated.  Considering the cost of this set, I'd say it's a top priority.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:54 AM

Hi tibbets, thanks for your comments. We are looking into this, and will post back if we find anything amiss.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:20 AM

hi alex

the more i play the more they show up. its not your typical 10+ yard deviation but more of a minor like tibbets said. i just hit an approach on #1, aimed 6ft right with little left wind. it went about 20ft right and then came back(green slopes left)...

it shouldnt do that!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 3:15 PM

tibbets:
    The Rapture V2 set has more forgiveness and precision than the Tour Starters

To be fair, Rapture's precision is rated the same (not higher) as the Tour Starter set (one dot both). The differences being increased distances, slower meter, more foregiveness & spin with Rapture. There shouldn't be any more deviation, of course.

Dunno, maybe they wanted to differentiate Rapture from the other top-line set, TaylorMade, as the main differences between the 2 are precision (a lot higher in TaylorMade) and meter speed (a lot lower in Rapture). And perhaps in limiting Rapture's precision, they went too far.  

(PS: I'm happy with the clubs.)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 3:24 PM

Before the last update, the precision rating of the Rapture set was higher than the Tour Starter set.

This begs the question:  Why is an iron set with a precision rating of 1 the highest priced set currently offered, by nearly 30% over the next highest set?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 4:17 PM

I was wondering that myself...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 4:31 PM

Because of the forgiveness & slow meter, I'd say, which makes the clubs ideal even for "casual" players or those who haven't been here all that long. One other difference between Rapture and TaylorMade is that the Rapture clubs can also be purchased by Hacks & Amateurs, while TaylorMade is only offered to Pro-ranked players and above.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:01 PM

Sure, however the Tour Starter set has .5 out of 5 less forgiveness,  a .5 out of 5 faster meter, and 5 yards less distance for nearly 1/5th the price.  The spin is worth that much more?  The fact that these clubs are available to Hack+ only further my questioning as to their price.  Why would a Hack+ set cost nearly 30% more than the Pro+ sets?  Compare the following and it's clear the Rapture price is an anomaly.

• PAGES
RSS