Forums

Help › Forums

Black R1

Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:17 PM (36 replies)
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 9:21 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Was that the one where 'Doc' was insisting one driver was longer than another, I remember that - hahahaha

yes he went on a mad 15 page run about it ! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 9:47 PM

siggipj76:

oneeyedjohn:

Was that the one where 'Doc' was insisting one driver was longer than another, I remember that - hahahaha

yes he went on a mad 15 page run about it ! 

Yup and he's renting this one, too.  

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 9:58 PM

Seems like I recall perusing that thread.. great read it was.  I like about 90,000 xp's myself but I'm with Andy, I need to know how long I've got before I go down that rabbit hole.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 10:41 PM

I've rented the R1 but so far only discernible difference I can find is at StA and CB.. At Merion lot bigger case for XHot over it.. Am I doing it wrong? :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 9:42 AM

razza31:

I've rented the R1 but so far only discernible difference I can find is at StA and CB.. At Merion lot bigger case for XHot over it.. Am I doing it wrong? :)

As long as you're hitting fairways there is no wrong but there are a few ways to get the most out of the driver. Understand that that 8 degree face on the driver causes it to fly lower than the 9 degree drivers. Putting back spin on it raises this trajectory and enhances carry.

This driver wants to roll and putting top spin on it really gets it motoring along as it's on the ground sooner, again avoiding the wind. The links courses really play well for distance off the tee if you find a suitable slope to land on with top spin. The ball kicks off that slope and takes off. Think of the Road Hole-using top spin off that rough slope before the fairway gets some some nice roll into the fairway.

You have to think a little differently with this driver. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 10:11 AM

YankeeJim:

You have to think a little differently with this driver. 

Or, get the Top Big Bertha, when you can, and not have to think at all

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 10:43 AM

SweetiePie:

Your Bertha simply cannot outperform the R1. Fact.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 12:24 PM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:

I'm guessing you mean the black, and I agree, but I see you have the white equipped. I had the R1 98 white and I have the BB driver. After testing and using both I sold the R1 (white). It might be a matter of technique but for me, the BB was better. I posted some of the results in the forum.

I think the BB advantage was using the high traj. along w/ the wind properly. In a front wind I had to add TS which adjusted the traj. to not be hindered and blown back. 

bhoese's tests showed the BB's success, as well.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/195080/1753114.aspx#1753114

Just one sample of my tests

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/195080/1811460.aspx#1811460

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 12:36 PM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:

Easy as you go there bub....you are only a single bong-hit away from a long nap and missing out on the free rental....:-}}

• gatorman66
    307 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 1:09 PM

Why won't WGT simply say how long it will be available.I need about 25,000 more points

RSS